The Discover Albia Forum is Now Closed

Thank you for a short but wonderful experience! Due to time constraints and other factors, the forum is now archived and is no longer open to new registrations nor posts. All existing content can be seen for the time being. Thanks again, and I wish everyone all the best!

Please note that the forum may be permanently removed in the future, so please save any content sooner rather than later. No advance notice of this action will occur.

How Do I Have Multiple Worlds? [C1]

Jessica
Discover Albia
Currently Playing: C1
Favorite Game: C1
Favorite Species: Norn

How Do I Have Multiple Worlds? [C1]

Postby Jessica » Mon Jun 06, 2016 8:58 pm

Answered

Type of Question: C1
Version of Creatures: Creatures: The Albian Years from GOG
Install Directory: My Documents
Operating System: Windows 7
Remastered Patch Installed: Yes

Full Question: How do I create multiple worlds in Creatures 1?
Details and Other Information: I want to have a new and separate world, but I can't figure out how to have more than one. I don't want to lose anything in my current world. Is there even a way to do this? Thank you!

Jessica
Discover Albia
Currently Playing: C1
Favorite Game: C1
Favorite Species: Norn

Re: How Do I Have Multiple Worlds? [C1]

Postby Jessica » Mon Jun 06, 2016 9:02 pm

Only one world may be played at a time in Creatures 1, but there is a way to create switchable worlds! Make sure the game is not running, and use the following instructions:

1. Locate the original world.sfc file, which will typically be found in Program Files\GOG.com\Creatures Albian Years\Creatures 1 or Documents\Creatures\Creatures 1. Make sure that this is not the current world: It should have a date of 07-11-1997. Alternatively, the Eden.sfc file can be used and renamed.
  2. Make a copy of the world.sfc or Eden.sfc file.
  3. Navigate to the main directory for Creatures 1, which will typically be found in Documents\Creatures\Creatures 1.
  4. Rename the world.sfc file in this directory to something like backup.sfc. It is the current world, and should have a recent date.
  5. Paste the world.sfc file from the second step in this directory. The next time C1 is opened, there will be a brand new world.
  6. Worlds can then be switched by renaming the active world file to world.sfc, and renaming any others. Just remember that whichever world file is named world.sfc will be the one the game opens.

Return to “Creatures 1 Help Archive”