The Discover Albia Forum is Now Closed

Thank you for a short but wonderful experience! Due to time constraints and other factors, the forum is now archived and is no longer open to new registrations nor posts. All existing content can be seen for the time being. Thanks again, and I wish everyone all the best!

Please note that the forum may be permanently removed in the future, so please save any content sooner rather than later. No advance notice of this action will occur.

Why Can't I Move an Egg? [C1]

Jessica
Discover Albia
Currently Playing: C1
Favorite Game: C1
Favorite Species: Norn

Why Can't I Move an Egg? [C1]

Postby Jessica » Mon Jun 06, 2016 9:04 pm

Answered

Type of Question: C1
Version of Creatures: Creatures: The Albian Years from GOG
Install Directory: My Documents
Operating System: Windows 7
Remastered Patch Installed: Yes

Full Question: Why can't I pick up a newly laid egg?
Details and Other Information: I was able to move other eggs around with no problem, but right-clicking on one does absolutely nothing. I need to move it and would really appreciate any help figuring out what the issue is.

Jessica
Discover Albia
Currently Playing: C1
Favorite Game: C1
Favorite Species: Norn

Re: Why Can't I Move an Egg? [C1]

Postby Jessica » Mon Jun 06, 2016 9:06 pm

Normally, Creatures 1 eggs laid in the wild must be fully grown before they can be moved by the player. If you keep an eye on an egg, you will see a moving shadow inside as soon as it can be picked up. Remember that picking up an egg pauses its hatching cycle, so that it must be placed in the incubator in order to hatch. If you notice that an egg either stays the same small size or appears in the sky, this is a somewhat common glitch. It will never grow, nor hatch. There is no way to salvage the egg, although a baby can be hatched by creating a new egg with the same genome via the Genetics Kit.

Return to “Creatures 1 Help Archive”