A Successful Geat Migration

My Colortrue Gaius were on a bit of a hiatus as I worked to build them a new world. Although the current one was not a failure, there were serious issues with overcrowding and excessive stress. Put together with all of the distractions, my Geats were barely interested in kisspopping. A population dying out from old age is a sure way to be embarrassed! I documented the start of the new world by looking at some new faces. With a little more work and a whole lot of exporting and importing, everyone had a successful move! There is even a little surprise pictured here: Look closely!

Success! Even before Tumbaga laid her egg for Alnica to keep watch over, Babbitt had her own metallic hands full. Apparently it was a time for mother and daughter to be pregnant at the same time. Babbitt was a rather consistent Geat: The father of this egg was Galfenol, so that the baby would be a full sibling to Tumbaga. Judging by how social she was and her early success with breeding, I had to agree with the choice! These Geats became pregnant within the first 10-15 minutes of settling into their new world. If that isn’t an indication of a better environment, I don’t know Creatures! Although Babbitt was very happy, she was also extremely tired and I left her to catch some sleep.

Good thing there was no need to raise a baby Geat! Babbitt’s baby, Magnox, jumped out of his shell and decided to show Alnica and Tombac how smart he was. That little robot never danced so much! Even though Magnox shared the same parents as Tumbaga, their colors are slightly different. It’s difficult to see when looking at two separate images, but Magnox is a slightly darker shade of purple. That’s the lovely power of the Colortrue Gaius! The only problem I saw was that a lot of the population was headed towards one side of the color spectrum.

Naturally, a very uniquely colored Geat was just making her way into the world. Alumel was the daughter of Alnica and Tumbaga. She was such a different color, yet she fit in perfectly! I was also happy to have some more younger females. They were the ones that typically needed to let the males know that they were interested in starting families. The males were content with eating and playing. This world was actually the second one I imported everyone into, thanks to me running into this problem again. I was using the “kill hots” CAOS command at the time, and had partially typed something into a speech bubble. It was a shame to have to move everyone again, but we made it without any more incidents! At least no one was constantly complaining.

I spoke too soon. Rhodite was not about to change her ways, regardless of her environment! In this world, though, the other Geats had the ability to move far enough away where they could escape from her incessant cries for help. When less and less of her companions offered suggestions for relieving her life threatening boredom, Rhodite finally sprung into action. It wasn’t a complete solution, yet she did start to move between levels and make some attempts to be happy. Anything to quiet her down was a step in the right direction! I even hoped that this new attitude might bring her some more suitors. Rhodite was a lovely color, and it was only her son, Terne, who had her green coloring. I was willing to risk another complaining Geat if it meant keeping her colorful genes in the population.

With two new members of the group, I was getting ready to call it a day. There were some unsuccessful kisspops, yet in the old world that was one sound that rarely happened. I was surprised when I learned of a new pregnancy! The bigger surprise was the mother: Tumbaga, for the second time! I decided to greet the new baby, and I was rewarded. Vitallium met her father, Tombac, just moments after she hatched. What a pretty pink color she was! Vitallium looked like she was ready to celebrate the beginning of spring and its many flowers. Even cold metals can be reminiscent of a warm, sunny day!

« Previous Post | Next Post »