The Discover Albia Forum is Now Closed

Thank you for a short but wonderful experience! Due to time constraints and other factors, the forum is now archived and is no longer open to new registrations nor posts. All existing content can be seen for the time being. Thanks again, and I wish everyone all the best!

Please note that the forum may be permanently removed in the future, so please save any content sooner rather than later. No advance notice of this action will occur.

Why Don't Norns Die of Old Age? [C1]

Jessica
Discover Albia
Currently Playing: C1
Favorite Game: C1
Favorite Species: Norn

Why Don't Norns Die of Old Age? [C1]

Postby Jessica » Mon Jun 06, 2016 9:08 pm

Answered

Type of Question: C1
Version of Creatures: Creatures: The Albian Years from GOG
Install Directory: My Documents
Operating System: Windows 7
Remastered Patch Installed: Yes

Full Question: My Norns live indefinitely for many hours. Why don't they pass away naturally?
Details and Other Information: A lot of resources say that Norns live for around 8-12 hours, but mine live much longer. I have had some die from illnesses or starvation, yet no one dies of old age. What am I doing wrong? Thanks!

Jessica
Discover Albia
Currently Playing: C1
Favorite Game: C1
Favorite Species: Norn

Re: Why Don't Norns Die of Old Age? [C1]

Postby Jessica » Mon Jun 06, 2016 9:12 pm

The genomes included with Creatures 1 are actually missing the very important "die of old age" gene! Norns can still die of other causes, such as illness and starvation as you mentioned, but they will otherwise be immortal. For a more realistic approach, download Kezune’s updated C1 genetics which also remove the antioxidant gene. There are other C1 breeds available with this genome update, but if you would like a basic set of Norns, Kezune’s update easily solves the problem.

Return to “Creatures 1 Help Archive”