The Case of the Stolen Honey Pot

My Grendel, Xodin, has been entertaining himself with the lifts, instruments, and large supply of hootch while I’ve been rushing about with the new baby Norns. While there was a relative lull in activity, I spent some much needed time with Xodin. First up was a much needed refill on his empty honey pot, which he’s been carrying around for some time. Many Creatures still make the eating motion with empty containers and carrot sprouts. Must be very disappointing!

Xodin had a blast learning some more vocabulary words. He had a brief encounter with a few Norns earlier in his life, and I was surprised that he picked up a few words. Thankfully, “push” was one of those words he learned by listening, so his eating habits are easy to encourage. He got the most excitement out of learning the word “animal” and looking at the goldfish: Here he looked at me and started tapping his foot!

As I mentioned above, Xodin had a precious honey pot that he just loved to carry around. Adria had been camped out at one end of the undersea cart track, and Xodin eventually met up with her. In fact, I believe she was the one who taught him some vocabulary words! There certainly is a benefit to letting educated Norns roam around the world and spread their language skills. The learning computer was tucked away, and Xodin might never make the journey. Just a second… Was there a second honey pot in the region that Adria got her hands on?

Oh dear: Xodin was robbed! A Grendel stealing from a Norn is a pretty common story, adding fuel to the Grendel conspiracy. But no one really hears about Norns stealing from Grendels, and if it happens, I think the offenders are recognized as having superior instincts, or just being cute. In my book, it’s more like bad manners! As much as I adore Adria, she’ll be trading in that honey pot for a carrot. Meanwhile, Xodin will be reunited with his beloved honey pot after his undersea adventure!

6 Comments
« Previous Post | Next Post »