Springtime Antics of the Geat Variety

As I seem to do quite often lately, I left the last C3/DS update with a sort of cliffhanger. What would Galfenol and Nisil’s new baby look like? She turned out to be a very pretty lady named Cunife! As with many of my other Geats, the robot toy was the best invention… At least for a minute or so, before she decided to explore and investigate the world around her. I started working on a sort of family tree for my Colortrue Gaius, since I know it’s getting a little difficult to keep track of every single one. Many are third generation Geats, and tracing colors is nearly impossible since there are many of similar colors. This is something that likely will not be coming for a bit, but rest assured that everyone’s lineage is being recorded! No unknown parents among this bunch.

I found Magnox on one of the top levels of the Banshee Bridge. This area was pretty private, although it had only been a place for some Geats to spend a short time. Food wasn’t precisely scarce, though I certainly could bolster the supply if it seemed necessary. Magnox was having the time of his life, though! He looked like he was making friends with the mechanic hummingbirds, the Whirlies. Then one disappeared… And another. Guess they made for an interesting snack! The Whirly population was in no danger of going extinct, though, so I let Magnox eat them as he pleased. I only wondered if he was swallowing them whole, and how that might feel inside a rather hollow metallic stomach. Perhaps they got their revenge in the end, creating a literal interpretation of the statement “I’ve got butterflies!”

Tombac gave me a wonderful round of laughter as he attempted to offer Rhodite suggestions to alleviate her boredom. I had a feeling he was referencing the fact that other Geats enjoyed hitting her when they were bored, since it seemed to calm her down for a moment. Zamak listened on intently, despite his rather shy nature. He was one of the few Colortrue Gaius who hadn’t yet passed along his genes. I didn’t blame him for not showing any interest in Rhodite… She was more than most could handle!

Elsewhere, Tumbaga was back to romancing her fellow Geats! Megallium was another first generation Geat who had yet to become a father. Kovar was certainly within range of the fertile female, but his expression said it all! He had lost this battle to Megallium. Actually, I wanted to tell him that he was still too young to do anything more than eat, sleep, and play, but he figured that out on his own! This would be the fourth child for Tumbaga, which got me to thinking about the consequences of flooding the gene pool with a lot of closely related youngsters. First, however, I had an egg to hatch, which apparently Kovar had some influence on.

Amalgam was born right in the midst of a rather pastel-like scene that seemed perfect for Easter! She truly was Megallium’s daughter, although she looked very similar to Kovar. Perhaps the randomness of the Colortrue Gaius genes aligned to create the perfect mate for him, once they were both old enough. This population certainly hasn’t encompassed the entire range of colors, though it’s been far more diverse than I originally imagined. Perhaps some different bright colors for this breed will be released at some point!

After some more consideration, I decided to export Galfenol and Tumbaga. Both had produced four of their own children, and I questioned how wise it would be to let them continue to reproduce. Creatures do not have any genetic concerns over breeding with close relatives, though I still try to keep my gene pools as diversified as possible. Was I just going to delete their files? Certainly not! They’ll be added to CreatureLink very shortly: Make sure to stop by if you would like to adopt either of them! Why not browse through all of the available Creatures, since there are several pages of them looking for new homes? It’s a great place to download a new Creature! Stay tuned for more Geat downloads!

2 Comments
« Previous Post | Next Post »