The Discover Albia Forum is Now Closed

Thank you for a short but wonderful experience! Due to time constraints and other factors, the forum is now archived and is no longer open to new registrations nor posts. All existing content can be seen for the time being. Thanks again, and I wish everyone all the best!

Please note that the forum may be permanently removed in the future, so please save any content sooner rather than later. No advance notice of this action will occur.

How Can I Play Offline? [DS]

Jessica
Discover Albia
Currently Playing: C1
Favorite Game: C1
Favorite Species: Norn

How Can I Play Offline? [DS]

Postby Jessica » Mon Jun 06, 2016 9:40 pm

Answered

Type of Question: DS
Version of Creatures: Creatures Exodus from GOG
Install Directory: My Documents
Operating System: Windows 7
Remastered Patch Installed: Yes
Error Message: Either your computer or the Creature Labs server is not connected to the Internet. Please check your Internet connection is established and try again.

Full Question: Why can't I register a world? I can't play Docking Station otherwise.
Details and Other Information: I have tried to register a world numerous times, and there is nothing wrong with my internet connection. I am unable to load Docking Station at all because it wants me to play online. Can I play offline, and how?

Jessica
Discover Albia
Currently Playing: C1
Favorite Game: C1
Favorite Species: Norn

Re: How Can I Play Offline? [DS]

Postby Jessica » Mon Jun 06, 2016 9:42 pm

Unfortunately, new registrations for the warp feature of Creatures Docking Station have been closed for years. This feature of the game has not been fully working for some time, which includes the online aspect. Luckily, there is a solution to play the game offline! Download the DS offline option and follow the installation instructions. Any newly created world can then be played offline, although the online option is still there should this functionality ever return in the future.

xan
Everyday Egg
Currently Playing: DS
Favorite Game: C3/DS
Favorite Species: Grendel

Re: How Can I Play Offline? [DS]

Postby xan » Fri Jul 08, 2016 6:22 pm

Hope you don't mind if I boost my own "no login patch" here: http://armaina.com/xan/creatures/patches.html

It *actually* disables the login screen (it doesn't come up when you make a world), doesn't require manually installing any sprites, and will allow re-auth of a world at any time in the event the server ever comes back online. (It also provides the option to disable the Welcome screen if you don't like it.)
I will marinate you in the GPL for 4 days and then I will roast and eat you.

Return to “Creatures 3 & Docking Station Help Archive”