Seeing Double and Even Triple in Creatures 1

Most of my Norns have only passed through the settlement, without much thought for exploration. Pettvika decided to break the mold by sticking her little Norn nose into everything! Naturally, one of the most dangerous weeds seemed to be most appetizing. Oddly enough, she acted as if nothing had happened. Perhaps she was just trying to cover up her blunder, though. Pettvika had been alone for some time, even though Nordmela was nearby and riding the lift up and down. Bored Norns have a tendency to alleviate their boredom through random activities that can spell trouble. At least Pettvika was smart enough to find healthy food sources every now and then!

It was a lovely scene when Oppeid joined Pettvika. Notice the sign in the background: Lover’s Leap. Aside from the honeypot, this Norn was excited about another egg on the way! She seemed ready to celebrate, while her partner in crime merely wanted a nice, long Norn rest. Pettvika soon joined him, although she had a second pass at the laburnum weed. Perhaps Norns are not the most wonderful at learning what is good and bad to eat. As it turned out, I had many more things to tend to.

What excellent timing for another new Norn! I was a bit dismayed when I was greeted with another female, but that poor frown on her face almost made it seem like she knew I had been hoping for a male. This little one is Aldra, the daughter of Ranulf and Kari. Perhaps she looks familiar? She should, since she is a full sister and virtual twin to Valla! No mutations had made their way into her genome, although she had a mixture of standard and Forest Norn genes. Even though the number of males in Albia had dwindled down to three, they were still quite young, and each was very skilled in caring for himself. I led Aldra to the learning computer, and a much needed first meal!

News must have traveled quickly that Oppeid was to be a father again. Ure and Nordmela soon successfully kisspopped, while Stokka looked on with a bit of jealousy. Ure was soon overwhelmed by the two females, and decided to attempt a genius escape strategy: Run away! At least the trio was having a nice time together, surrounded by food and company. The females must have assumed this meant that it was a perfect time to kisspop!

On the other side of Albia, Ramsvika laid down in the dreary marshes under the garden and temple. I figured it was just a moment of depression, but she was actually quite tired: She was pregnant! Mevik was the proud father, although he had already left in search of other things to do. Three eggs and three different pairs, all in the span of a few minutes was quite an accomplishment. I knew another male would be needed in the world, yet it was nice to know that the frequency of pregnancies might fall… If these crazy males decided to take a breather! Or maybe the females were to blame.

Aldra soon met her older sister, Valla, near the warm and inviting fire. The little Norn seemed very surprised by the large creature which crouched just ahead of her. Their only difference seemed to be in the appearance of their legs: I knew I would probably have an issue with telling them apart as they grew older. Valla had become an adult at just about forty minutes old, although her little sister seemed to enjoy going through her life stages slowly and leisurely. That Purple Mountain Norn lipstick sure does stay on very well without ever needing a reapplication!

3 Comments
« Previous Post | Next Post »