Zorich’s Travels

I quickly want to apologize for the lack of updates over the past few weeks. Work and life have been busy in general, and I would much rather give my Grendel and Norns the time they deserve, rather than trying to squeeze in a few minutes here and there. Expect some more regular updates starting sometime this week or the next!

Just as Xodin found the hootch during his lifetime, Zorich quickly located the vendor after heading off on his own. I always read about how common it is for Grendels to spend their lives on the island, yet my world seems to be quite different! Fortunately, once the enticing green cans are empty, they remain empty. On this particular occasion, though, Zorich decided to pass out before consuming all the hootch. Smart thinking on his part: I wasn’t about to enable him anymore!

Fortunately, he sped off to do something a little more productive and a lot less intoxicating. The music room is a bit separate from the rest of Albia: Norns and Grendels alike often find traveling up and down the lift more interesting than anything else in the room. However, I particularly love to watch Creatures play the drum: It’s difficult to see clearly, but Zorich pounded away to his heart’s content! There was no evidence of an actual beat, although he had a grand ol’ time making his own song. The harp was slightly more interesting in his eyes, and he has yet to discover the wondrous music that the trumpet can emit.

Finally, it was off to the beehives! There is something so calming and refreshing about the sound of the bees: It’s usually heard very faintly when Norns emerge from the incubator for the first time, and I can recall it as one of the first sounds I heard when I started playing Creatures 1. Zorich enjoyed reaching out to the bees, but he quickly realized that touching them wasn’t such a great idea. What was very satisfying, however, was the delicious honey he managed to eat straight from the hives. I have a feeling he plans on “sticking” around for some time! What a horrible pun: I think Zorich would take that as worse than an actual slap!

Grendels enjoy Albia in much the same way as Norns often do. Taking a little time to get to know a Grendel goes a long way. Most outlive the average Norn, and can survive in much harsher conditions. Xodin and Zorich have already proven how kind Grendels can be. However, I still think it’s an individual characteristic: Just as a Norn can be violent, so too can a Grendel. On the other side of the token, though, Grendels can be just as docile as Norns and, in Zorich’s case, just as musically inclined!

3 Comments
« Previous Post | Next Post »