Grendel Fashion Sense and a Norn Illness

Bolga and Glein were torn about what to do with Forvika! Instincts got the better of the fiendish Glein, though, and yet another egg was soon on its way. The island appeared to be the ideal spot for kiss popping for the second generation of Norns! At least the stockpile of eggs was well on its way to securing the next batch of youngsters. I always thought one could never have too many, but perhaps that didn’t exactly apply to Norns.

Halvor took this opportunity to show off the latest in Grendel fashion: Egg suits! He had just become an elder, and perhaps he wanted to seem a little bit youthful again. I gently broke it to him that the egg actually made him look larger, and did not have the slimming attributes that he may have been after. I stifled a laugh as Halvor abandoned the egg and headed off. At least he chose something that blended well with his own color! It was a lovely way to bring some laughter to an otherwise boring day.

My laughter was short-lived, however. Husby was soon infected with another nasty illness, complete with antigen 6, an unknown toxin, fever toxin, and the devilish histamine B. In other words, she was a walking disease. Before I could isolate Husby, though, she managed to pass along her illness to Erikstad. Luckily, he was worn out, and could only manage to go up and down the lift a couple of times before passing out. I brought them both carrots and kept them as occupied as I could. Even with my intervention, their life forces steadily fell. I was also alarmed at how quickly Erikstad had contracted the illness: Previously, he had withstood multiple coughs from infected Norns, but it was only a minute before Husby had passed her wonderful “gift” along. Another major concern was Arnes, who had remained in the same position in the jungle ever since he moved from the garden. He ate every now and then, but if this contagious illness found its way to him, I knew it would almost surely cause his death. Erikstad seemed to sense my nervousness, though, as he left the lift alone after his short respite. Husby even kept a smile on her face throughout all of the coughing!

Not only did Erikstad and Husby make full recoveries, but they also kiss popped as soon as they saw one another again. With his impeccable timing, Erikstad ensured that this occasion would be remembered with a baby Norn. In all of the chaos, I also forgot to make note of the pregnancy of Dalselv, courtesy of the dashing male Norn pictured here! When my creatures survive a potentially fatal illness, I always find reason to celebrate. Some might argue that nature should be able to take its course, yet it only took a few moments of intervention to save two lives. I am also hopelessly attached to my Norns and Grendels!

2 Comments
« Previous Post | Next Post »