The Discover Albia Forum is Now Closed

Thank you for a short but wonderful experience! Due to time constraints and other factors, the forum is now archived and is no longer open to new registrations nor posts. All existing content can be seen for the time being. Thanks again, and I wish everyone all the best!

Please note that the forum may be permanently removed in the future, so please save any content sooner rather than later. No advance notice of this action will occur.

Colouring Pages?

Share creations and enter hosted activities.
C-Rex
Everyday Egg
Currently Playing: C1
Favorite Game: C2
Favorite Species: Norn

Colouring Pages?

Postby C-Rex » Wed Jun 22, 2016 3:04 pm

I remember for at least one of the CCSF a user (I can't remember their name, unfortunately) made a drawing for a colouring competition, and to me it seemed like a really neat idea. Has anyone else ever considered drawing colouring pages for others to download and colour, either hand-coloured or digital? Maybe we could have another colouring contest. :D
The Norn Nebula - My Creatures Blog - http://thenornnebula.blogspot.co.uk/
My SoundCloud - https://soundcloud.com/c-rex1
My YouTube Channel - https://www.youtube.com/user/Rexgamer

You were born an original. Don't die a copy.

Jessica
Discover Albia
Favorite Game: C1

Re: Colouring Pages?

Postby Jessica » Wed Jun 22, 2016 4:44 pm

I remember the coloring contest! I had to do some digging, but it was part of the CCSF 2012 Activities, and it was created by SpringRain. There weren't too many entries, yet you can head back in the past to view the completed designs!

I think having some other coloring pages would be an awesome idea! A contest could work, or maybe we could incorporate something into Creatures Challenges down the line. If I had any drawing skills, I would gladly offer to create something. I'm sure we have some talented people in the community, though, and hopefully this would be something that would interest someone. I do love coloring, though... Still do, in fact, and it's awesome!

Amaikokonut
Busy Bee
Currently Playing: C3/DS

Postby Amaikokonut » Sat Jun 25, 2016 5:09 pm

That coloring contest was such a unique idea; I would love to see something similar pop up. Is anyone in the community still actively doing Creatures art/drawings at all? The only person that comes to my mind is norngirl.

kezune
Busy Bee
Favorite Game: DS
Favorite Species: Grendel

Postby kezune » Sat Jun 25, 2016 5:14 pm

It's been a long, long time since I last drew -anything-, but I suppose I could try? No promises. I still need to find my wacom tablet and stylus. :P

ETA: I just got a silly idea and I'm doodling it out now.
It never hurt anybody to have thick skin, a strong back and a level head.
Designer Genes : Revived!

kezune
Busy Bee

Postby kezune » Mon Jun 27, 2016 5:30 pm

Is this the sort of thing you had in mind? Maybe something simpler? More complex? Should I add a background or should I leave it blank for colorists to play with? It's obviously not done, but I thought I'd ask anyway. :)

Also, yes. That is a deathcap. I was inspired by one of Jessica's recent troubles with those horrible little things. I can change that to something friendlier or leave the plate empty for people to add food to. Or stick with the deathcap. :P

Things I'll be doing:
Checking proportions, changing the shape of the log to be more realistic, adding a plate instead of just a black shadow, cleaning lines.

Jessica
Discover Albia
Favorite Game: C1

Postby Jessica » Mon Jun 27, 2016 6:10 pm

Kezune, that is amazing! And it makes me laugh so much that it was inspired by that hilarious episode I had with the deathcap mushrooms recently. I personally prefer backgrounds because my artistic skills are quite lacking, although I'm slowly getting better with using colored pencils like a bonafide adult. Ha ha! Fizzbee, my Norndoll, will soon be taking a little tour of some of my recently completed coloring pages from Johanna Basford's coloring books. I love to color, even if I'm not taking home any awards!

I think sticking with the deathcap works. Maybe it's a little morbid, but it's also rather funny! I love where this is going. And those ears! They're actually quite proportional for a Banana Norn. Awesome work so far!

Amaikokonut
Busy Bee

Postby Amaikokonut » Mon Jun 27, 2016 6:23 pm

Ahhhahaha I LOVE it. This is so beautiful my goodness. I especially love the little apron. And the way you do tails is adorable! This is just positively delightful <3

kezune
Busy Bee

Postby kezune » Mon Jun 27, 2016 7:22 pm

Thank you both!

I've decided to go ahead and do 2 versions, one with a background and one without. I haven't felt this weird itch to draw in a long time, so I feel like going all out. :lol:

Jessica
I've seen her coloring books at the store! I'm not much of a colorist myself, but I do like the designs she's created. :)

That's got me thinking, though. If more people create some coloring pages, maybe we could make a community coloring book! It'd be a lot of work, but it's an idea. Maybe do coloring books for every year? Haha, I dunno. It seems ambitious when I think about all the time that goes into drawing.

Amaikokonut
Thank you! I really have no idea what I'm doing when I make Norn Tails. I just draw a curvy tail and throw hair all over it. :P

UPDATED
It's finished! I finished the lines and then slapped a background on it. I was feeling a little inspired by Mr. Bob Ross. ;)

I feel like it should go without saying, but you're all free to use these for contests, personal uses, etc. Just please don't claim the lineart as your own or host it on your sites. Feel free to post your colored versions on your sites, however.

Here's the one with no background.
Click for Larger Version The larger version has the fixed cheek/eye on the left norn.

Here's the one with a background.
Click for Larger Version

kezune
Busy Bee

Postby kezune » Tue Jun 28, 2016 5:24 pm

C-Rex, what have you done!? You've got me started drawing again. XD

I hate to double post, but here's another one if anyone's interested. The hot weather got me thinking of the beach. :lol: I've also been having a ton of fun getting to know my old Bamboo tablet, too. I didn't realize I missed drawing so much.

Click for Larger Version

Amaikokonut
Busy Bee

Postby Amaikokonut » Tue Jun 28, 2016 6:49 pm

Kezune, these are amazing! I'm not much of a colorist either but I'm almost itching to print these out and try (and probably mangle them in the process)

Return to “Community Creativity”