The Discover Albia Forum is Now Closed

Thank you for a short but wonderful experience! Due to time constraints and other factors, the forum is now archived and is no longer open to new registrations nor posts. All existing content can be seen for the time being. Thanks again, and I wish everyone all the best!

Please note that the forum may be permanently removed in the future, so please save any content sooner rather than later. No advance notice of this action will occur.

Colouring Pages?

Share creations and enter hosted activities.
Jessica
Discover Albia
Currently Playing: C1
Favorite Game: C1
Favorite Species: Norn

Re: Colouring Pages?

Postby Jessica » Sun Jul 03, 2016 9:04 pm

I also like the colors you chose, DarkAuthor! Reminds me a little bit of a Fairyfloss Norn for some reason, and I love the blue you used for the eyes!

Kezune, that is perfect and priceless! Should you ever need some ideas for your revived blog (hurray!) just posting how you go through this drawing process would be really neat. And it never hurts to have some lovely new coloring pages. Now I need to go do some research to make sure I have some decent paper to use my colored pencils on... And to find some time, because these deserve to be colored in! Thanks so much for making all of these. You're awesome!

kezune
Busy Bee
Favorite Game: DS
Favorite Species: Grendel

Postby kezune » Tue Jul 05, 2016 12:46 pm

That's not a bad idea! I'll have to put something together the next time I start a coloring page.

I'm still working on your honey idea, but things slowed down for the holiday. Will hopefully have it out soon. :)

UPDATE:
Made some progress today! I was really stuck on what I needed to do because for some reason I really didn't like how it looked. I was happy with the norn in the back, chilling, watching his friend about to get stung and only had to move his arm out to accommodate a pot of honey. As for his friend...

I had to do a lot. I had to push the upper arms out and away from each other and I lowered then tilted the head back to give a better impression of the norn looking up at the bees. I thought the wider arms would make the norn seem more excited. I also lengthened the torso and turned the planted foot out a little to line up better with the hip. I'm still not happy with the position of the folded leg so I'm going to toy around with that. Maybe moving it out to make the norn seem more like it's bounding around instead of just balancing.

As for the background... I guess I'll get to that when I get to it. XD

It never hurt anybody to have thick skin, a strong back and a level head.
Designer Genes : Revived!

kezune
Busy Bee

Postby kezune » Thu Jul 07, 2016 6:17 pm

Adding backgrounds really complicates things. XD I'm a little bit stuck on what to do for these, particularly baby cheese. I didn't have a plan for a setting for that one in the first place so it's making it a little difficult ot plan out. Add to that, the plane the baby is sitting on is pretty flat so it's a little harder to play with depth. There's also not a giant stump in the way to hide all my mistakes. ;)

I've added a background to baby cheese, and I'm looking for some input. It isn't supposed to look like any of the incubation areas though this is supposed to be most reminiscent of the Creatures 1 area. It's hard to convey the idea of this baby tumbling out of a cracked egg behind the hand with so little space, but it's an idea. I might move the incubator up, I might just omit it entirely and make the entire wall look like brick. I might even get a screenshot of the Incubator area and just trace. XD I might just leave it as it is.

As for the honey/bees idea, this is what I have so far. I pushed the left norn further back and fixed the right leg on the right norn. More work was done to the arms. There are a lot of planes in this one so it's taking longer than I thought. I feel this one really needs a background because otherwise the honey and bees by themselves won't make a lot of sense. It's making this out to be more work than I expected, but I really like the idea of illustrating (and probably exaggerating) some funny norn antics. :P

Anyway, I'm not sure what to do with this beyond the table and bee hives. I might count this piece done once the lines are thrown in or I might throw "Mt. Albia" in the background.

DarkAuthor
Everyday Egg

Postby DarkAuthor » Thu Jul 07, 2016 6:29 pm

These are great! I like the baby cheese background!

xan
Everyday Egg
Currently Playing: DS
Favorite Game: C3/DS

Postby xan » Fri Jul 08, 2016 3:40 am

Hey, if anyone reading has something in your head for this you can't draw, give me a couple of subjects as a prompt. I would love to toss some lineart into the hat here but simple, color-able concepts are not my strong suit.
I will marinate you in the GPL for 4 days and then I will roast and eat you.

xan
Everyday Egg
Currently Playing: DS
Favorite Game: C3/DS

Postby xan » Fri Jul 08, 2016 5:10 am

I did it

Because I could

I will marinate you in the GPL for 4 days and then I will roast and eat you.

DarkAuthor
Everyday Egg

Postby DarkAuthor » Fri Jul 08, 2016 5:37 am

Xan- Wow, that is absolutely stunning!

kezune
Busy Bee

Postby kezune » Fri Jul 08, 2016 1:02 pm

Xan, that's wonderful! Thanks so much for taking the time to color it!

I love what you did with the baby's hair and the little thought lines are a great touch. Also love what you did with my signature. ;)

Amaikokonut
Busy Bee
Currently Playing: C3/DS
Favorite Game: C2

Postby Amaikokonut » Fri Jul 08, 2016 4:27 pm

Totally cracking up over "Buzz Buzz or whatevs" XD

And Xan, that is amazing and hilarious, I love the addition of the norn's thoughts. I imagine that might actually be what they are thinking half the time, hah.

These are coming along so wonderfully! This is one of my favorite threads ever :D

Jessica
Discover Albia
Currently Playing: C1
Favorite Game: C1

Postby Jessica » Fri Jul 08, 2016 5:02 pm

I absolutely love this topic and how coloring Creatures images has become so popular! I just put away all of my coloring supplies while I was cleaning, and clearly I need to get those out ASAP. Ha!

I can see how those backgrounds are being tricky little monsters for you, Kazune. For me personally, backgrounds just help me fill in an area that I would otherwise leave blank. However, I do have it on my list to attempt gradient shading and whatnot... So if you're really stumped, no worries! I almost think the Norn and hand with cheese could work on its own without a background, or just a simple one to show the ground meeting the wall. Loving the beehives one so far! Especially the "Buzz, Buzz or Whatevs" label. Ha!

And that is simply amazing, Xan! I feel like we might need another area just to showcase some of these creations. Hurray for these wonderful coloring opportunities!

Return to “Community Creativity”