The Discover Albia Forum is Now Closed

Thank you for a short but wonderful experience! Due to time constraints and other factors, the forum is now archived and is no longer open to new registrations nor posts. All existing content can be seen for the time being. Thanks again, and I wish everyone all the best!

Please note that the forum may be permanently removed in the future, so please save any content sooner rather than later. No advance notice of this action will occur.

Emotional Attachment to Creatures

Talk about everything else Creatures!
Malkin
Everyday Egg

Re: Emotional Attachment to Creatures

Postby Malkin » Sun Nov 13, 2016 3:05 am

I think that infernal looping was partially coded in to compensate for the Friend or Foe lobe not working properly when shipped. I made a patch to help fix this, this is linked to from the page about the brain lobe.

Butterflye
Everyday Egg
Currently Playing: C1
Favorite Game: C1
Favorite Species: Norn

Re: Emotional Attachment to Creatures

Postby Butterflye » Fri Nov 18, 2016 10:08 pm

As a player of C1 (couldn't really get in to C2 onwards), I'd definitely say there is an emotional attachment for me. Today, I lost the first of this generation, Lentil, and it you can't help but feel sad. Granted it's not the tears and snotters of a younger me when I had my first ever Norn die on my watch, but it's still sad. With an ageing population in my world, I feel that the next few days are going to be tough.
I definitely agree that the interactions with the hand make a big difference, and I find that the care aspect too. Like, I always feel more of an emotional attachment to those who have had diseases in the course of their short lives, or at some point, required a bit extra care, than I do for Norns who have straight Point A to Point B lives. Like the ones who avoid the deathcap mushroom, never have been ill and are able to keep themselves healthy by eating and resting.
- But that may say more about me as a person than I'd like to admit! Lol

Return to “General”