The Discover Albia Forum is Now Closed

Thank you for a short but wonderful experience! Due to time constraints and other factors, the forum is now archived and is no longer open to new registrations nor posts. All existing content can be seen for the time being. Thanks again, and I wish everyone all the best!

Please note that the forum may be permanently removed in the future, so please save any content sooner rather than later. No advance notice of this action will occur.

Funny Creatures Stories!

Talk about everything else Creatures!
C-Rex
Everyday Egg
Currently Playing: C1
Favorite Game: C2
Favorite Species: Norn

Funny Creatures Stories!

Postby C-Rex » Sat Jun 18, 2016 8:57 am

What's your funniest ever moment when playing creatures? One of mine was in C2 when a norn passed away in the swamp area. Whilst he was floating upwards, I activated the monorail that runs between the laboratory and the gene splicer, he went inside it, and when it reached the laboratory he was sent flying through the air and continued to orbit Albia until I eventually sent him away with a spring launcher! :lol:
The Norn Nebula - My Creatures Blog - http://thenornnebula.blogspot.co.uk/
My SoundCloud - https://soundcloud.com/c-rex1
My YouTube Channel - https://www.youtube.com/user/Rexgamer

You were born an original. Don't die a copy.

Amaikokonut
Busy Bee
Currently Playing: C3/DS
Favorite Game: C2

Re: Funny Creatures Stories!

Postby Amaikokonut » Sun Jun 19, 2016 9:05 am

The floating dead norns in C2 thing was a great ingredient for all sorts of hilarious bugged out stories. I remember also having heaven-bound corpses who for whatever reason ended up going sideways at a very fast rate that seemed to get faster with each orbit. Trying to teach a newborn to speak and-- oh look, there goes your late great-grandfather flying by! They were, in a sense, the ghosts of the ancestors haunting our worlds.

Izarallia
Everyday Egg

Postby Izarallia » Sat Jun 25, 2016 8:37 pm

In C1 a few weeks ago I was in the middle of playing when my mom called me to come help her in the kitchen. I forgot to pause the game and was gone for almost an hour. When I came back I found all of the honey pots in the general area in the lift by the incubator. They were all empty. I only had one Norn in the world, Khadgar. I refilled the honey and put one in front of him. He grabbed it, smiled big and looked back and forth from the honey to the screen for about twenty seconds before eating it.

Khadgar likes honey lol

Jessica
Discover Albia
Currently Playing: C1
Favorite Game: C1

Postby Jessica » Sat Jun 25, 2016 8:52 pm

I wish I had some funny stories, but I don't think I can compete with these ones! I never had the floating dead Norn phenomenon happen to me, although I think I would have laughed way too much. Maybe it's the game's way of bringing a little humor to an otherwise sad situation.

And Izarallia... I burst out laughing over Khadgar! Norns seem to act like they have no idea what food is when you put it in front of them and wait for them to eat. Yet leave them alone, and suddenly they're ready to devour anything they can get their hands on. I love the picture of him and that rather guilty look he gave you. I see he chomped off the herb right next to him, too: Good thing no one else was vying for the food. I think we know who would win!

SpaceShipRat
Everyday Egg

Postby SpaceShipRat » Thu Jul 07, 2016 5:38 pm

I'm realizing now my few creatures clips on Youtube are basically vintage...

here's the funniest one, really, it speaks for itself.

https://youtu.be/uExpp3tEcxs

Venithil
Busy Bee
Currently Playing: C2

Postby Venithil » Sun Aug 21, 2016 10:31 am

I regrettably don't have many funny stories yet. Probably the only exception was when my Winged Bulbous Grendels all stuck themselves by the instruments and the Electric Gate near the river and every once in a while one managed to break through the gate and fall into the water thanks to bugs - but a particularly determined female actually *grabbed* the Electric Gate through the short time she had between being pushed out on either side of the wall, threw it into the water, and then plunged right in behind it.

And they say the Norns are silly...
One day, all the weird mutant Norns, Ettins, and Grendels shall make themselves an X-Albians movie.
If you'd like to read a blog-style story of my Creatures playthroughs (including struggles with Creatures 2' "Smart" breeds [Canny, N. Subterra, Kannova], and my own genome) click Here!

If you'd like to check and download my work with the Kannova genome, click here!

Return to “General”