A Pair of Bittersweet Albian Farewells

Arik was quite heartbroken over the loss of his beloved Eydis. After staring at her body for a bit, he went off in search of some comfort. I followed him towards the temple and smiled at how he brought a honeypot along for the journey. With a smile on his face and the knowledge that he would soon join Eydis, Arik passed away at 11 hours and 45 minutes. He was actually taking very good care of himself, and given another few minutes, he may very well have produced one last egg. All the same, Arik had a very fruitful life and would have five babies in Albia before too long. He was the foundation male of this C1 world, and he will always be remembered.

I found Ingelill staring at Arik just after she laid her egg nearby. Some Norns tend to stare at the bodies of the deceased: I imagine it would be very alarming, since Norns find other Norns to be the most interesting stimuli in Albia. It was nice to see an egg laid in the presence of death. Just another example of how life goes on in Creatures. It was curious that Ingelill had not yet reached old age: She seemed to be truly enjoying her beautiful gold locks! Maybe she knew just how short a time she had left.

Another death soon occurred in Albia. While riding across the ocean with Folkvar, Dagny took her last breath among the serene landscape. Her traveling companion was quite surprised: It was almost like he had planned a little vacation, which never came to fruition. Dagny only laid three eggs during her lifetime, but the young ones who hatch will certainly be enough to carry on her memory. It was a twist of fate that Dagny even entered Albia. Had it not been for Signe’s infertility, Dagny never would have been born. She lived a total of 9 hours and 53 minutes. Rest in peace, Dagny. Her death brought the population of Norns down to seven, who would eventually pass on, too. The first generation seemed to be dwindling away already.

Valborg was the next Norn to reach the elder stage of life. His testosterone level had dropped to nothing after a good deal of stress. Nothing in his genetics explained why he was so excited to see the hand: Even if he was extremely hungry, a little smile crept across his face whenever I approached him. I wanted to give this White Haired Pixie Norn another chance at fatherhood: The other two males had six eggs of their own, while Valborg only had four. It would be pleasant to have another new life mixed in with the inevitable slew of first generation deaths.

« Previous Post | Next Post »