Elder Norns and Grendels: No Reason to Slow Down

Although Albia had remained fairly unchanged since my last visit, there was one important change that not many may have noticed. Achren was suddenly a little more faded, and a little more slow to move. Her old age did nothing to slow her down, though! Ellidyr was also more than happy to spend every moment with his beloved, no matter what she looked like. He was far more concerned with who she was.

Llyan decided that it was just about the right time to try her luck with beekeeping. I returned to the hives to find dozens of angry bees buzzing about! Their warnings did little to deter Llyan, and she ended up with a coat covered in welts. Ouch! She looked to be in a lot of pain, but she was determined to make friends with the bees… If only she would learn! Her egg still remained frozen in its smallest state, which continued to cause concern. Would this glitch prevent all other pregnancies?

That question was answered in no time. One guess as to why Ellidyr had a slight smile on his lips! Achren stared at him with a bit of annoyance, yet I thought I detected a sense of happiness from her. Old age certainly did nothing to stop her from incubating her twelfth egg! The Grendels were not alone in their celebrations: Henwen was also pregnant with another egg! Although Ellidyr looked like he wanted to take credit, it was really her beloved Kaw who was the father. The two ladies eyed Ellidyr suspiciously. He was one loving Grendel!

Henwen had a rather distraught expression on her face for one reason: Kaw became violently ill, and I had to immediately quarantine him. Luckily, there were no histamines in his system, which meant that he was not contagious. His poor, sad face said it all! A few carrots and a short rest brought him back to his best health, and I breathed a sigh of relief after his recovery. It seemed like much of his sadness was based on the fact that Henwen was so far away, going through a pregnancy on her own. Kaw needed some reassurance, but he eventually understood that a sick Norn was the last thing a pregnant Norn needed around!

Two of the youngest members of Albia were still very content with their home in the garden! Orgoch and Orddu decided to take up carrot gardening: The former enjoyed watching them grow, while the latter was a little more mischievous and tried to stomp them out! They made a funny pair, yet I had no cause for worry. Although they tended their carrots vigilantly, they also enjoyed gobbling up the mature ones. I had to remind Orddu and Orgoch to save some for the rest of Albia! Honey wasn’t exactly a wonderful replacement for these healthy vegetables.

Somehow, Gurgi managed to find his way to the desert island… I knew he must have used the underground cart, but I had to question how in the world he made the journey so quickly! He decided to spend some time with Melyngar, who was having a rough time adjusting to adulthood. They enjoyed some lovely beach tunes on the radio together, and then Gurgi struck again! Melyngar wasn’t sure what to make of her first pregnancy, yet Gurgi stayed right by her side like a loyal companion. It really was a touching moment in Albia.

4 Comments
« Previous Post | Next Post »