The Not-So-Artificial Side of Artificial Life

The Creatures 1 island was soon bustling with activity from the two half-brothers, Inndyr and Korgen. They acted just like little Norns: That ball was the only thing that their eyes focused on for quite some time! It was cute to see them bonding together. The two females had a generally good relationship, and a lonely Norn is never a happy one. I struggled to get either to eat, but it wasn’t that difficult to take the ball away for a few minutes! As annoying as it was, I found the bouncing noises to be oddly refreshing. This was a no talking zone, apparently!

Junkerdal was the only Norn to take much notice of Alfhild the Grendel, although the others were mostly just distracted with other shiny things. The little Horse Norn took on Alfhild as an adopted friend and daughter: She taught her several words, and was very kind to her. Alfhild was quite funny in her own way: At one point, Junkerdal plucked a carrot and walked away to eat it quietly. The tiny Grendel intercepted her, and stole the carrot from her! There were no hard feelings, though: Creatures are never ones to be that great at sharing. And they seem to know this!

Time went forward, and I soon found that most of the Norns had entered adulthood. Inndyr and Korgen made it back from the desert island just in time to meet Hopen! One of them was a lucky father in this picture: Any guesses as to who it was? Hopen seemed a little out of sorts! Maybe she knew what was awaiting her in the next few minutes, or even a bit longer.

I watched the most adorable sequence of events between Korgen and Hopen long before she became pregnant. She met Korgen near the temple, and she started to play a game with him: Hopen would walk to the right a few steps and then turn around to look at Korgen. The two shared a few words, and just as Korgen got closer, Hopen would move away again! He managed to corner her at the submarine bay, but it was more of a way for them to finally get close to one another. After a few kisses and kisspops, Hopen began the whole routine again by heading off to the left. Maybe it meant nothing, yet it’s the moments like these that make Norns seem alive.

Korgen and Alfhild took a nice nap with one another quite a while later. It was not sheer exhaustion that knocked them out, though: I witnessed them kisspopping! I thought that my male Norns and female Grendels had kisspopped in the past, but this time it was confirmed. Alfhild, as with all of my Grendels, is completely infertile, although her sex drive is not hindered. There won’t be any Grendel-Norn babies in Albia, yet it was interesting to find out that this could happen. It has its advantages and disadvantages for both species, though it is interesting.

One piece of unfortunate news is that the random starch glitch is still active in this brand new world. It is much less common than before, but I’ve seen it occur twice in the science kit for Inndyr and Korgen. I have no idea what is causing it, or how to fix it! My best bet is to simply keep one Norn selected at all times and navigate using my favorite places. Still, I’m disappointed that it still remains. Could it be tied to a glitch, or might one of my COBs be the culprit? I hope to look into this further before releasing my list of favorite C1 COBs, just in case one is causing this issue. Although it helps keep Norns alive, it’s anything but natural!

2 Comments
« Previous Post | Next Post »