A Silver Lining in Albia

When Aldra learned that she was going to have her picture taken, she could hardly contain herself! I held back a laugh as I looked at how her body parts and sprites did not line up perfectly. So is the curse of Creatures 1, although I rather like the odd combinations. The funny thing about Aldra, and all female Purple Mountain Norns, is the crazy amount of bright red lipstick they wear, and the apparently immortal life it has! I have no idea what goes on up in the mountains of Albia, but I guess lipstick and makeup play an important role. Thank goodness it’s a localized phenomenon!

One of the Norns who had thankfully never bothered with lipstick was Stokka! Although she was much younger than some of the others, her hair turned a brilliant silver color and her body shrunk a tiny bit in old age. I watched her settle down in front of the deathcap mushroom as she contemplated her life. At just over seven hours old, she still had plenty of life left in her. As I watched her and thought of some of the moments from Stokka’s life, out of the corner of my eye I noticed her life force: 45%. Rather than admit her mistake, Stokka attempted to hide the missing deathcap mushroom from me. Clever, but not really! It took her some time to finally eat a couple of carrots, yet she easily survived. Thank goodness she only decided to devour one of the colorful, but dangerous, mushroom caps.

Ytteren had most recently isolated herself on the island, and I spent a little time coaxing two potential friends to join her. Full of energy and smiles, Aldra led Pettvika to the sunny shores. As suspected, Ytteren shied away from the newcomers and did not know what to make of these two. They were very patient, though, and tried to befriend the befuddled Norn. It certainly was a parade of silver and white hair, though! At least Aldra and Pettvika had plenty of food and entertainment as they waited for Ytteren to warm up to them.

Underneath the garden, Nordmela found herself entering old age. With no tufts of hair to turn to gray, she was blessed with a literal silver lining across parts of her face. Stokka had recovered from her deathcap mushroom incident, although she determined that old age gave her the privilege of taking frequent naps. Nordmela wanted to travel across in the cart again, although her traveling companion was in no position to move. I could just imagine the adventures these two could have as little old ladies traveling around the world: One would always be rushing, while the other would always be sleeping!

Almost on cue, Stokka proceeded to fall asleep as she was riding on the cart! Nordmela had abandoned her in frustration, but the old Forest Norn was not about to stay alone forever. This was one of the best pictures I had snapped in some time: Stokka looked so excited as she rested and held onto a honeypot. Truly, what more could a Norn want?! A new chapter in her life had begun, and I was thrilled that she was not completely slowing down. Aside from the naps and rest, Stokka was ready to take on Albia! I just hoped that the rest of the group could adjust to her: Stokka certainly deserved some quiet time, and I wondered if the males had received the memo. Leave this one to herself! Maybe if Stokka strategically planned her naps, she could avoid kisspopping!

Speaking of the male Norns, I found Oppeid alone in the garden. Although I had already attempted to take care of him and increase his fertility, he was once again completely infertile. Perhaps it was just a coincidence, but all of my male Purple Mountain Norns and crosses seemed to suffer from decreased fertility much more than the other males. Oppeid had fathered six eggs already, though, so it was far from a failure on his part! At least he had another opportunity to sit quietly with the hand and eat. I only wished that it would be the last time he needed a break.

Not even Skuld could escape the wispy, gnarled fingers of old age. She actually took to the change quite well, at least in terms of her appearance! The loss of her golden curls disturbed her enough to send her off to the dormant area near the incubator. Skuld paced around, until she finally hunkered down with a honeypot. Determined to protect it, she wrapped her Grendel body around it. Lucky for her, honey never gets old! She was in much better spirits after a meal of honey and a nap. Old age surprised her, all the same, and she dreamed of her younger days.

Ure was the most adorable creature when he rode in the cable car! However, try as I might, there was not one photo opportunity to show him with his joyful smile. We fought over the controls so much, that he promptly fell asleep on the platform! Photograph sessions are not all fun and games sometimes. Ure had recently kisspopped with Ramsvika, but Bringsli was the one to keep an eye on: He seemed to call forth Norn eggs wherever he went! I hope to finish up the second generation soon, which might mean less detailed updates. However, all of these Norns will still form the main family group: The next generation will just be much smaller… Thankfully!

6 Comments
« Previous Post | Next Post »