The Challenges of Raising Three Baby Norns

The excitement and anticipation surrounding a new birth in Creatures sometimes eclipses the consequences of that birth. A new baby Norn is adorable, but I’ve already fallen into the trap of not thinking ahead. An educated Norn often does better because he or she can understand what the hand is saying. Although most Norns have natural instincts to take care of themselves, they often need a little extra help from time to time.

In the safety of the garden, Avira’s egg hatched to reveal a very handsome male Horse Norn! Meet Rafin, a virtual clone of his mother. That smile is intoxicating! He also represents the first time that a baby has inherited their main appearance from the opposite sex parent. It made him look like he had a brand new appearance, when in fact it was identical to another. More about his father in just a moment, as I’m sure many are curious!

I was so wrapped up with Rafin’s birth that I wasn’t able to get to Evria’s egg in time to transport it to the incubator. In a relatively murky environment, little Izria took her first breath of life. It seems like the White Haired Pixie Norn traits are very likely to be inherited by Evria’s children. Keep in mind that there are no dominant or recessive genes in Norns: This is the reason why inbreeding isn’t an issue.

What does pose a problem, however, is the world itself. Izria discovered the nearby lift and decided that it was an interesting part of Albia. Luckily, she decided that the colorful deathcap mushroom wasn’t all that exciting. She made her way down the lift while I was ensuring that Rafin learned his vocabulary from the computer. Being a multitasking “mother” doesn’t work so well with two youngsters so very far apart! Luckily, I was able to entice Izria to follow me to the garden, where she was transported up to the computer room.

Meanwhile, as I was catching my breath from teaching and watching over the new babies who were born only minutes apart, another birth message appeared! Hidden in this little cove on the island, Timren was born! I haven’t yet seen what he looks like behind his eggshell, but I’m very pleased with his appearance! The challenge will be to move him to the garden and computer room so he’ll have an ample supply of food and a way to learn the language.

And of course, for the announcement of the father of Rafin and Izria! I feel like the host of one of those talk shows… “The paternity results are in!” I had an idea of who Rafin’s father was immediately, because of the arms. Look familiar? They were inherited from none other than Diren, making him a father for the first time! Izria was a different story, because I’m almost positive that she is 100% White Haired Pixie. Sure enough, though, Diren must have been getting around town! Noric is still the reigning champion, especially when it comes to Adria. Now the real work begins in rounding up the youngsters and trying to keep everyone happy and healthy!

2 Comments
« Previous Post | Next Post »