The Discover Albia Forum is Now Closed

Thank you for a short but wonderful experience! Due to time constraints and other factors, the forum is now archived and is no longer open to new registrations nor posts. All existing content can be seen for the time being. Thanks again, and I wish everyone all the best!

Please note that the forum may be permanently removed in the future, so please save any content sooner rather than later. No advance notice of this action will occur.

What New Forum Sections Do You Want?

Learn about the Discover Albia Forum.

What new section(s) would you like to see?

Poll ended at Fri Jul 08, 2016 3:08 pm

Artificial Life Forum
14%
Community Activities Forum
17%
Creativity Forum
17%
General Forum
22%
Off Topic Forum
17%
Review Forum
11%
Roleplaying Forum
3%
Other (Please Post!)
No votes

Total votes: 36

xan
Everyday Egg
Currently Playing: DS
Favorite Game: C3/DS
Favorite Species: Grendel

Re: What New Forum Sections Do You Want?

Postby xan » Fri Jul 08, 2016 3:20 am

Bit late but since I saw this I wanted to voice the preference of *not* having an off-topic area. There are other networks for that, it's hard enough to stay on-topic with such an old game as it is, and in my experience it opens a creaky door toward having a lot more restrictions and unclear grey-areas on behavior than would be necessary with a strictly topical forum.

I do like the idea of a review section though.
I will marinate you in the GPL for 4 days and then I will roast and eat you.

SpaceShipRat
Everyday Egg

Postby SpaceShipRat » Fri Jul 08, 2016 1:16 pm

I still think I'd love a "breeding games" section. It could spam everything from Pokemon and Ark: Survival, to Flight Rising, to Darwin's Pond and Species: Artificial Life.

C-Rex
Everyday Egg
Currently Playing: C1
Favorite Game: C2
Favorite Species: Norn

Postby C-Rex » Fri Jul 08, 2016 2:02 pm

I like the idea of an artificial life section: SpaceShipRat and I could talk about our ARK adventures together! :lol:

On the other side, I do see a general forum being somewhat problematic, as on other forums it sees much more activity than the actual Creatures sections, turning it into almost some sort of a social network. It also has the possibility for members to bring in their real-life problems and it can sometimes be hard to deal with.
The Norn Nebula - My Creatures Blog - http://thenornnebula.blogspot.co.uk/
My SoundCloud - https://soundcloud.com/c-rex1
My YouTube Channel - https://www.youtube.com/user/Rexgamer

You were born an original. Don't die a copy.

Jessica
Discover Albia
Currently Playing: C1
Favorite Game: C1
Favorite Species: Norn

Postby Jessica » Fri Jul 08, 2016 4:12 pm

Very good points about off-topic areas and more generalized discussions. I agree that I would like to avoid those sections if at all possible, and keep everything geared towards Creatures. However, it sounds like there might be an opportunity to create a section to talk about artificial life and/or simulation games that are roughly similar to Creatures. I've got a few things to work on in regards to the forum, but I think I'll open up a separate discussion about that sometime later in the month! I completely agree about how off-topic sections sometimes turn into the most active parts of a forum, which kind of defeats the purpose. Yet I think it sounds like there might be a middle ground to open up more discussions without crossing over into unwanted areas.

As always, thanks so much for all of the feedback so far! I know not everything is being implemented, yet I hope that you all feel like you have a say in shaping the future of the Discover Albia Forum.

Return to “Forum Information”