Scenes From Albia

Folkvar was one happy Norn after devouring a fair number of carrots! He almost looked like he wanted to climb up the ropes that were supporting the bridge, but he settled for a giant smile instead. Even after I spent some time isolating him and bringing him back to tip-top shape, it looked like he would never be fertile again. Valborg and Ranulf went through periods of infertility and recovered, yet Folkvar seemed a little bit different. At least he acted like one very happy Creatures 1 Norn! Those ears were just adorable, and reminded me of Nestor, the Long Eared Christmas Donkey! Such a cute little movie, and Folkvar certainly reminded me of it all the time.

I was quite impressed with the sleeping habits of most of the Norns: Nordis fell fast asleep to the gentle ticking of the clock. She wasn’t alone in this picture, though! Shortly before, she and Ranulf had kiss popped so that another egg was on its way! Although I have been taking a somewhat active role in bringing fertile Norns together, Ranulf was simply insane with his perfect timing! As I’ve pointed out before, this means that the last bunch of eggs from the second generation will be more closely related. I still don’t see it as being too much of an issue, though.

I still can’t get over how cute baby Grendels are! Halvor flashed his tiny little teeth after he consumed an entire honeypot in a single sitting. Talk about a sugar rush! I looked into the C1 Grendel genome a little bit, and found some interesting things. I plan to share these later in the week, because Grendels might require slightly different care. My biggest tip at this point is to keep Norns from talking too much around Grendels: This actually creates an increase in anger. Maybe Grendels just prefer nonverbal communication!

Soon, it was Kari’s turn to experience the effects of old age. She still had a mischievous smile plastered on her face, along with the Purple Mountain Norn makeup that never seems to fade. Ever since she witnessed the death of Signe, Kari had kept to herself. She seemed a bit traumatized, and often walked away from anything of interest very slowly. The sea air might have done her some good, though! A few voyages across the deep, dark water gave her a sense of adventure. It seemed like most of the Norns enjoyed doing something daring or interesting in old age. It was like they found their second chance.

Kari had another experience on her list of things to do before she died: Falling asleep, while standing up, in a moving lift! This image was snapped shortly after the lift stopped, but she certainly drifted off to sleep while it was still descending. Even though it looked quite uncomfortable, Kari soon woke up with an extra spring in her step. I supposed that was the effect of moving around while snoring away. She was not as old as some of the other Norns, yet I knew that her time was on the limited side. Kari must have been in search of something in Albia. But what was it?

Kari found Ranulf, and anyone can guess what happened after a few moments together! Ranulf looked very please with himself, as always, while Kari walked off with her tummy stuck out in front of her to show off her pregnancy. It was a complete exaggeration, of course! Creatures 1 Norns never appear to be pregnant, but Kari didn’t know any better. I was very happy for her, because she only had four eggs of her own up until this point. This would probably be her final pregnancy, and it was well worth the wait.

4 Comments
« Previous Post | Next Post »