The Discover Albia Forum is Now Closed

Thank you for a short but wonderful experience! Due to time constraints and other factors, the forum is now archived and is no longer open to new registrations nor posts. All existing content can be seen for the time being. Thanks again, and I wish everyone all the best!

Please note that the forum may be permanently removed in the future, so please save any content sooner rather than later. No advance notice of this action will occur.

Questions and Help

Learn about the Discover Albia Forum.
Jessica
Discover Albia
Currently Playing: C1
Favorite Game: C1
Favorite Species: Norn

Questions and Help

Postby Jessica » Thu Jun 02, 2016 7:10 am

Common Questions and Answers

Q: How will my information be used?
A: Please read through the privacy policy, which details what your information is used for. We take privacy very seriously, and you are advised to never provide personal information like your full name, address, password, or phone number to anyone. Anything posted or sent via the private messaging system may be seen and/or used by others. Be very careful about what you share.

Q: What do the different colored icons mean?
A: The icons next to each forum and topic are used to indicate which parts of the forum have new activity that you have not yet read. A blue icon means that you have read everything and are up-to-date. A green icon means that there is something new and unread. A red icon indicates a locked topic, but this icon will be green when it is new and/or unread.

Q: Where can I post and talk about general topics?
A: At this time, the forum is exclusively geared towards Creatures-related discussions and topics. We also do not feature a section to talk about Creatures in general, as this can turn into a rather disorganized list that is difficult to navigate. However, if you feel that something like this would be useful, please add it to the discussion of suggestions and ideas. Things may change over time!

Q: Why was my post edited or removed?
A: All members of the forum must always abide by the rules. Any content that violates a rule or is otherwise deemed to be inappropriate may be edited or removed to protect others and/or the forum. You will be notified by PM in a timely manner to explain the reasoning behind this action. Thank you for taking the time to learn and follow the rules!

Get Help

Looking for help on how to use the Discover Albia Forum? Searching for a way to do something on the forum? Ask away! This topic is a place for all forum-related questions to be posted. Be sure to read through all of the previously answered questions first, just in case the answer has already been provided. You might also want to take a look at the FAQ and Features and How To Guide. Still stuck? Use the following recommendations when replying to this topic:

1. Be as detailed and specific as possible.
  2. Separate unique questions into different paragraphs or posts.
Any member may provide answers, but keep an eye out for an official response! Your question may also be added to this list to help others in the future. Remember that every question is a good one, so please ask if you need a little help!

If you would like a more private response, you may contact me (Jessica) via PM or the Discover Albia contact form. Please only use these methods if posting within this topic is not possible and/or appropriate, though. Thank you!

Grendel Man
Everyday Egg
Favorite Game: C3/DS
Favorite Species: Grendel

Re: Questions and Help

Postby Grendel Man » Sat Jun 11, 2016 5:14 pm

Since there doesn't seem to be a dedicated place for bug reports, I might as well put this here.

I'm having trouble uploading avatars. I tried uploading a new avatar to replace the filler one I had earlier, but it told me the file was empty. I deleted my previous avatar and then tried uploading it again, only to get the same message. It even gave me the same message when I tried uploading the one I had previously.

Might just be the internet service here (which is kind of spotty), but it's probably something worth looking into.

Jessica
Discover Albia

Postby Jessica » Sat Jun 11, 2016 5:46 pm

Sorry if that wasn't clear: This is also a place to report any problems, so you're in the right spot!

Avatar uploading should work. I've also gone through and removed my avatar and re-uploaded it without any issues. Since you were able to upload that avatar to begin with, though, I'm a little stumped! Normally I would think it was an issue with the size, dimensions, or file format... Yet that doesn't seem to be the case here. I've gone ahead and deleted your avatar in the admin section, even though it's currently empty. Not sure if that will do anything!

When you get a chance, refresh the control panel avatar page and then try uploading again. If you're still having trouble, there are a few other things I might be able to try. Just want to be sure it definitely isn't working before I jump into those, though! If anyone else is having the same problem, please let me know. Thanks!

Grendel Man
Everyday Egg
Favorite Game: C3/DS

Postby Grendel Man » Sat Jun 11, 2016 5:58 pm

Just tried again and it worked this time without the need to refresh. I attempted to trigger it again by uploading my original avatar afterwards, but it didn't show up a second time.

I'm not sure what went wrong the first time around, but at least it's fixed now. Somehow.

Jessica
Discover Albia

Postby Jessica » Sat Jun 11, 2016 6:58 pm

Good to hear! I'm not sure what went wrong, either... Possibly one of those random server hiccups that happens from time to time? If it persists (for you or anyone else) let me know and I'll try to figure out if there's something I can do. I also love your new avatar!

kezune
Busy Bee
Favorite Game: DS

Postby kezune » Wed Jun 15, 2016 1:39 pm

Hello! Me again. I hope I'm not being a pest by asking this but...

If I were to start a wolfling run (forum or just reporting on a private run) which section would that fall under? After doing some deeper reading into the respective sections, I'm guessing that the "Projects" section is intended primarily for cob/agent development and "General" might be a better place for a wolfling run, but I just thought I'd ask.
It never hurt anybody to have thick skin, a strong back and a level head.
Designer Genes : Revived!

Jessica
Discover Albia

Postby Jessica » Wed Jun 15, 2016 3:22 pm

You're not being a pest at all! Forum wolfling runs would fit right in under Community Creativity and the guide might explain what else would fit best in there. I do like organization, but the worst case is me possibly moving a topic to another section and sending a polite PM. No worries if that ever happens, though! Some new sections popped up pretty quickly, and I'm sure it will still take some getting used to everything. Even I have to remind myself what some things are for. Ha!

Amaikokonut
Busy Bee
Currently Playing: C3/DS
Favorite Game: C2

Postby Amaikokonut » Wed Jun 15, 2016 6:01 pm

Hmm, I understand that forum wolfing runs would fit in Community Creativity but what about just plain old private runs that don't necessarily involve the community at all?

Would it perhaps be considered a Project if it had a specific goal in mind (IE 'breed a gen 100 pure chichi' or 'study the effects of the CFF genome over X number of generations')? I almost wonder how well a "science" or "experiments" label would fit in that forum. I think you created it with cob/breed development in mind but would you consider including breeding project/experiment tracking too? Basically anything with a clearly defined End Goal?

And if a private wolfling run didn't have a specific goal in mind, would it be a better fit for General? Or would it still be considered community creativity on the basis that it is still inviting commentary and input from other forum members?

Sorry, that turned into a lot of disjointed thoughts, heh.

Jessica
Discover Albia

Postby Jessica » Wed Jun 15, 2016 6:10 pm

Disjointed thoughts are usually my specialty. Ha! I understand your points, especially about private wolfling runs. I would still classify those examples as under the Community Creativity forum, since those are still technically "forum wolfling runs" in a sense. As you mentioned, commentary and reactions from others might come into play. But I'm really not trying to be that person who says you HAVE to do things in a very specific way. If you feel like a topic makes more sense in another section, post away! I think I'm trying to have some degree of organization, but it's more of a "family room" vibe than a formal living room where you're not allowed to touch anything. Ha! Hopefully that makes sense. It's also up to all of you, too. I may attempt to keep some things organized, yet as long as you're within the general parameters of a section's guidelines, you should be good to go!

Return to “Forum Information”