From One Corner of Albia to Another

Skuld the Grendel had been abandoned by the Norns, and found herself alone on the island for a time. No matter what I did, it seemed like her happiness had completely drained from her. However, Valla decided to take a journey around Albia, and she soon made friends with the little green creature. The pair had so much fun that Valla fell asleep while standing up, and Skuld looked like she was ready to laugh! Or eat.

Stokka and Ure made a little love nest nearby, among the delicious mushrooms. In no time, both pairs of emerald eyes held a glint of inner joy as they celebrated another pregnancy. I was about ready to look into sterilization: This would be egg number thirty-seven. Thirty-seven?! Thank goodness for my plan of only having a limited number be a part of the next generation. That should mean plenty of interesting Creatures 1 Norns for download, though! Actually, four were made available at the CCSF 2011!

Little Aldra was nearly thirty minutes old, yet she still had not ventured beyond the safety of the incubator area. Although she did not have any genetic mutations, she had become one of the worst eaters. She was happy to pick up food and hold it, yet she rarely took a bite out of it. Her sad and frightened face looked pitiful! Aldra was all alone in Albia, even with my frequent visits and attention. Genetics are not always behind bad behavior: Some Norns naturally struggle, and the best laid intentions may never change their ways. I convinced Aldra to eat a good bit of honey in the end, but I had a feeling it would not be enough. I was not able to stay with her for every moment of her life: Hopefully she would venture forth soon and find her inner strength.

Just a few steps away, Ramsvika and Ytteren were playing together in the garden. Despite her reward mutation, Ytteren had been getting on quite well. It was actually confusing for me to step in and tickle her, since this created reinforcement, rather than reward. In a way, she learned best from the Norns and Grendel around her. She had taken a keen liking to Ramsvika: She followed her all the way from the submarine bay! I could not have chosen a better role model, for the older Norn was very kind and preferred to tickle, rather than slap. Nearly everyone from Creatures 1 was doing well: I could only wonder how long this calm could last for. Chaos was sure to return with a vengeance, unless I was very lucky!

« Previous Post | Next Post »