The Discover Albia Forum is Now Closed

Thank you for a short but wonderful experience! Due to time constraints and other factors, the forum is now archived and is no longer open to new registrations nor posts. All existing content can be seen for the time being. Thanks again, and I wish everyone all the best!

Please note that the forum may be permanently removed in the future, so please save any content sooner rather than later. No advance notice of this action will occur.

Howdy!

Join in and get to know the community!
kezune
Busy Bee
Favorite Game: DS
Favorite Species: Grendel

Howdy!

Postby kezune » Wed Jun 08, 2016 11:59 am

It's been a while since I've been active in a forum setting, so I'm just going to borrow Jessica's questions to introduce myself. :P

How did you first find out about Creatures?
I remember hearing about it as a little one. I was super into Petz at the time but my best friend at the time had a copy and I did not so I sought out free pet game options and stumbled on Docking Station. I put the game down for many years after that and then rediscovered it as an adult.

How long have you been playing Creatures?
I haven't played in a very long time, but if you count when I first heard of it, I've been playing on and off for something like 15 years. Yeah! 15 years.

What are some of your favorite things about the games?
I used to blog about the games so I guess one of my favorite things was the ability to express some of my creativity. Coming up with new stories and worlds is always fun for me and I also enjoyed developing for the games for a little while.

What parts of the games, like CAOS or genetics, do you enjoy?
The two examples above are the best but back when I was most active in the community my favorite aspect of the games was the social one. Otherwise, I think genetics are the most interesting and I've spent more of my time learning about Creatures genetics than on any other topic in the games. CAOS comes second and then third would be making connections with the creatures. It makes me feel like I might seem a little cold with the creatures, but I really do enjoy watching them grow up and live their lives.

And I guess that's it. I can't promise I'll be super active since it's been so long since I've even launched the games, but I thought I'd at least introduce myself and say "Hello". :)

Jessica
Discover Albia
Currently Playing: C1
Favorite Game: C1
Favorite Species: Norn

Re: Howdy!

Postby Jessica » Wed Jun 08, 2016 12:05 pm

Hello again! I always find it interesting to note how many people came across Creatures directly or indirectly from Petz. I think the reason I received Creatures 1 as a gift was because it was generally close to Petz, which I played nonstop at the time. No worries about being super active or anything! It's nice to hear from you, and I hope you'll enjoy some of the things the forum has to offer. Who knows: Maybe you'll find a little spark of inspiration to launch Creatures soon! Enjoy!

Amaikokonut
Busy Bee
Currently Playing: C3/DS
Favorite Game: C2
Favorite Species: Norn

Postby Amaikokonut » Wed Jun 08, 2016 5:16 pm

Good to see you here Kezune! It's been a while since I launched the games either, but I don't think I'll ever be able to abandon them for good. Hope to see you around!

kezune
Busy Bee
Favorite Game: DS
Favorite Species: Grendel

Postby kezune » Thu Jun 09, 2016 4:26 pm

Jessica,
I always thought that was a neat connection, too! There are other games that fall into that same group like Aquazone and Fishy but I didn't find out about either of those games til later. Incidentally, I found that connection while searching for Petz and Creatures things. :P

Amai,
I'm in the same boat as you - I don't think I could ever put Creatures down forever either. I'm that way with Petz, too. I pick up the game for a while and play enthusiastically for a few weeks then sort of hibernate for a few months. :P

Return to “Introductions”