The Discover Albia Forum is Now Closed

Thank you for a short but wonderful experience! Due to time constraints and other factors, the forum is now archived and is no longer open to new registrations nor posts. All existing content can be seen for the time being. Thanks again, and I wish everyone all the best!

Please note that the forum may be permanently removed in the future, so please save any content sooner rather than later. No advance notice of this action will occur.

Hello everyone!

Join in and get to know the community!
C-Rex
Everyday Egg
Currently Playing: C1
Favorite Game: C2
Favorite Species: Norn

Hello everyone!

Postby C-Rex » Wed Jun 08, 2016 12:56 pm

Hey everyone, my name is C-Rex! You've probably seen me around Creatures Caves and I also run my own creatures blog called Docking Station Galaxy. I'm really impressed with the work Jessica has put into this forum and I'm proud to be a part of it! :D

How did you first find out about Creatures?
I first found out about Creatures when my dad bought Creatures 2 as part of a newspaper way back in 1998. In hindsight I think it's pretty incredible that they have a full game away with a newspaper for free!

How long have you been playing Creatures?
I've been playing the games properly since around late September 2003, which is about thirteen years . I never took to Creatures 2 at first (I was around three years old and still couldn't read) so it got put away somewhere until 2003 when my dad dug it out whilst sorting through things, and I was immediately hooked. A few years later I finally received Creatures Triple Pack and so I was finally able to enjoy the other games in the series!

What are some of your favorite things about the games?
I've always loved the music within the games and the open-endedness, plus it feels very rewarding once you've got a stable population of norns roaming about the world. I also enjoy customizing worlds with COBs as well as doing wolfling runs and streaming them on my website occasionally!

What parts of the games, like CAOS or genetics, do you enjoy?
I've always enjoyed the genetics and the fact that they can mutate, allowing for norns with different genetic and physical features to emerge. The genetics are also very flexible and I've made a lot of genetic breeds using the Genetics Kit. I think genetics add a lot of depth to the game and allow it to transcend the idea of being a typical virtual pet.

kezune
Busy Bee
Favorite Game: DS
Favorite Species: Grendel

Re: Hello everyone!

Postby kezune » Wed Jun 08, 2016 1:29 pm

Hey C-Rex! Glad to see you around! Welcome to the forum. :D

Jessica
Discover Albia
Favorite Game: C1

Postby Jessica » Wed Jun 08, 2016 2:10 pm

Welcome aboard, C-Rex! You and I have been talking pretty regularly, yet it's wonderful to have you on the forum. Seems like those sample introduction questions have worked out quite well. There seem to be so many stories behind how we all got into the games! I don't remember much about most of the other games I have, yet Creatures seems to be filled with memories. I can't believe Creatures 2 was with a newspaper, either! The music tracks you've released over the years still make their way into my playlist quite often, and I agree that the music adds so much to the games. As usual, I'm rambling on and on, but it's great to have you here!

Amaikokonut
Busy Bee
Currently Playing: C3/DS

Postby Amaikokonut » Wed Jun 08, 2016 5:22 pm

Good to see you here! I too carry several of your music tracks around on my phone with me. We don't seem to have a whole lot of musically inclined people in the community and you've made some unique contributions. Looking forward to seeing you around!

C-Rex
Everyday Egg

Postby C-Rex » Thu Jun 09, 2016 12:03 pm

Hello kezune, Amaikokonut. Are these music tracks from the Creatures Beats! EP I made four years ago? I'm happy you are still enjoying them even though I myself don't think much of them. You can find a few of my better tracks on my soundcloud - as a matter of fact I think I'll put it in my signature so nobody loses it! ;)

Edit: It seems I'm unable to add anything to my signature right now so I'll leave it here: https://soundcloud.com/c-rex1

Amaikokonut
Busy Bee
Currently Playing: C3/DS

Postby Amaikokonut » Fri Jun 10, 2016 12:00 am

Thanks for the link! I'll be sure to check it out :D

Return to “Introductions”