The Discover Albia Forum is Now Closed

Thank you for a short but wonderful experience! Due to time constraints and other factors, the forum is now archived and is no longer open to new registrations nor posts. All existing content can be seen for the time being. Thanks again, and I wish everyone all the best!

Please note that the forum may be permanently removed in the future, so please save any content sooner rather than later. No advance notice of this action will occur.

Hello!

Join in and get to know the community!
Kitty Tikara
Everyday Egg
Currently Playing: DS
Favorite Game: C3/DS
Favorite Species: Norn

Hello!

Postby Kitty Tikara » Sat Jun 18, 2016 2:37 pm

So hello! I don't think I've ever actually introduced myself on a Creatures forum, and might as well introduce myself here.

* How did you first find out about Creatures? I found out about the games through randomly googling the PS1 games one day. I vaguely remember thinking that the games would be good if there was more to them and so I Googled them to see if there was a better game in the series. I found out about the CCSF and that there was still an active community. It took me until 2013 to really get into the community though, and I sometimes wish I had joined in the fun earlier.
* How long have you been playing Creatures? I've played DS since 2008ish and I consider it my first Creatures game. I didn't play the PS1 games that much and I forget they exist most of the time.
* What are some of your favorite things about the games? My favorite thing about the game are everything besides mosquitoes and gnats. No one likes them... Slightly more seriously, I like how customize the games are and just how many agents and cobs have been made over the years.
Also if creatures count as things, my favorite creatures are a norn named Anai and a grendel named Balmora. Anai is a long dead norn from a genome test world who remembered me after 10 hours and said she loved me. So I named the Anai Stinger Norns after her. Balmora is an immortal grendel who's somehow survived since 2011. She's become my unofficial mascot and usually pokes bugs in what ever world she happens to be in.
* What parts of the games, like CAOS or genetics, do you enjoy? I enjoy wolfling/feral runs and genetics the most. Caos is also surprisingly fun to figure out. Really I just enjoy tinkering with random things and seeing if I can get an idea of mine to work. Usually it ends up failing or with me getting bored of it, but occasionally it turns out interesting.

Jessica
Discover Albia
Currently Playing: C1
Favorite Game: C1

Re: Hello!

Postby Jessica » Sat Jun 18, 2016 3:00 pm

It's nice to see you over here: Welcome aboard! I had no idea about the story behind the name for the Anai Stinger Norns, and Anai sounds like she was quite special. I love how some Norns (and other species) can just come up with the most random things and suddenly surprise us. I don't always comment on your blog, but I enjoy following along with your various projects and worlds! Always very interesting and fun. I hope you'll enjoy the forum! See you around!

Grendel Man
Everyday Egg
Favorite Game: C3/DS
Favorite Species: Grendel

Postby Grendel Man » Sat Jun 18, 2016 5:44 pm

Howdy! It's nice to see you around these parts. :)

kezune
Busy Bee
Favorite Game: DS
Favorite Species: Grendel

Postby kezune » Sat Jun 18, 2016 6:07 pm

Hey KittyTikara! Glad to see you here. :D
It never hurt anybody to have thick skin, a strong back and a level head.
Designer Genes : Revived!

C-Rex
Everyday Egg
Currently Playing: C1
Favorite Game: C2

Postby C-Rex » Sun Jun 19, 2016 4:13 am

Hi KittyTikara! It's great to see you've joined. :)
The Norn Nebula - My Creatures Blog - http://thenornnebula.blogspot.co.uk/
My SoundCloud - https://soundcloud.com/c-rex1
My YouTube Channel - https://www.youtube.com/user/Rexgamer

You were born an original. Don't die a copy.

Amaikokonut
Busy Bee
Currently Playing: C3/DS
Favorite Game: C2

Postby Amaikokonut » Sun Jun 19, 2016 8:41 am

Heey and welcome! I've been reading over your blog and I really like the stuff you're doing. Good to see you around!

Return to “Introductions”