The Discover Albia Forum is Now Closed

Thank you for a short but wonderful experience! Due to time constraints and other factors, the forum is now archived and is no longer open to new registrations nor posts. All existing content can be seen for the time being. Thanks again, and I wish everyone all the best!

Please note that the forum may be permanently removed in the future, so please save any content sooner rather than later. No advance notice of this action will occur.

Hello!

Join in and get to know the community!
Zoaea
Everyday Egg
Currently Playing: C3/DS
Favorite Game: C2
Favorite Species: Grendel

Hello!

Postby Zoaea » Wed Jun 22, 2016 12:24 pm

Zoaea here, couple weeks late. =P

I'm a thirty year old mother, nurse and gamer. I used to obsess over C1 and C2, But as a kid I didn't really know you could mod the game. Now as an adult I have a renewed interest in sandboxes, but there are no good life sims out there. I remembered creatures and found out it could still be played!

I tend to be too busy to do much other than work or play with my daughter, but for now I'm using all my spare moments trying to get my game up and going.

I'm using Exodus but I'm disappointed I couldn't get c2 to work, it was by far my favorite, and it seems from my memory that C2 was better than C3/ds. Might be my rosy glasses tho.

Amaikokonut
Busy Bee
Currently Playing: C3/DS
Favorite Game: C2
Favorite Species: Norn

Re: Hello!

Postby Amaikokonut » Wed Jun 22, 2016 1:44 pm

Welcome! Good to see someone else with lots of fond feelings for C2.

Are you trying to install it from disc? GoG's re-release of The Albian Years (which contains both C1 and C2) was updated to install and run more smoothly on newer systems. I'm not sure what OS you're on but I can install and run C2 just fine out of the box on my Win7 if I'm using the GOG installs. I mean, it still crashes fairly often, but no more than the original C2 did :P

Failing that, it's worth mentioning that there Creatures 2 to Docking Station is a thing too, so at the very least you'll be able to explore the old C2 world from within DS.

Hope to see you around!

Jessica
Discover Albia
Currently Playing: C1
Favorite Game: C1
Favorite Species: Norn

Postby Jessica » Wed Jun 22, 2016 4:32 pm

Welcome! I don't think our paths have crossed before, yet it's wonderful to have you here! I kind of have the same sort of experience with C1 and C2... I played so much as a kid, and was just absolutely terrible at everything. I made a green Norn with the Genetics Kit once, and decided it was too difficult. Ha ha! Now I'm finding out about the intricate parts of the game, and it's great!

Hopefully Amai's recommendations will help you get Creatures 2 to work. Aside from the high probability of crashes, I've always thought that C2 was the most beautiful game. Maybe we're sharing the same rosy glasses, though. Ha! Anyways, welcome aboard and enjoy the forum! I'll see you around!

kezune
Busy Bee
Favorite Game: DS
Favorite Species: Grendel

Postby kezune » Wed Jun 22, 2016 6:27 pm

Welcome to the forum!
It never hurt anybody to have thick skin, a strong back and a level head.
Designer Genes : Revived!

Return to “Introductions”