The Discover Albia Forum is Now Closed

Thank you for a short but wonderful experience! Due to time constraints and other factors, the forum is now archived and is no longer open to new registrations nor posts. All existing content can be seen for the time being. Thanks again, and I wish everyone all the best!

Please note that the forum may be permanently removed in the future, so please save any content sooner rather than later. No advance notice of this action will occur.

Hi :)

Join in and get to know the community!
Izarallia
Everyday Egg

Hi :)

Postby Izarallia » Sat Jun 25, 2016 8:28 pm

Hi, I’m Izarallia

I first started playing Creatures 1 at a friend’s house when I was a pre-teen. I fell in love with the game, but the computer I had it installed on broke and my friend no longer had her disk. I spent years looking for a way to buy the game legally (I am strongly opposed to piracy!) and could not find anything until recently. My husband bought me Creatures 1 and 2 on GOG about a month ago and I’ve put a lot of time in since then.

I really enjoy the parenting aspect of the game. I’m trying to raise some independent Norns who can be trusted not to starve themselves to death, but that isn’t easy lol. I really want to get more into the science part of the game though! It looks complex, but very interesting.

Nice to meet everyone

-Izarallia

Jessica
Discover Albia
Currently Playing: C1
Favorite Game: C1
Favorite Species: Norn

Re: Hi :)

Postby Jessica » Sat Jun 25, 2016 8:36 pm

Welcome, Izarallia! I have borderline nightmares of when I still had my Creatures 1 disc and was trying to play it on a newer operating system. The hoops I went through were tremendous! I'm glad you managed to find the games again after all this time, and it's awesome that your husband was the one who purchased them for you!

Your playing style is pretty similar to mine, and I know the struggles of teaching Norns to take care of themselves. It's almost like they're trying not to listen. Ha! All of the science parts of the games can be complex, but hopefully you'll find some great ways to get into them. I muddled about for ages before I found some helpful people in the community, and it's nice to know there are some wonderful people who enjoy getting others involved. Feel free to ask any questions as you get started!

Once again, welcome to the forum and back to the world of Creatures. I'll see you around!

Amaikokonut
Busy Bee
Currently Playing: C3/DS
Favorite Game: C2

Postby Amaikokonut » Sat Jun 25, 2016 8:58 pm

Hey, welcome! The GOG versions of those games are really wonderful things. I'm glad to hear you are enjoying them! The science side of the games is certainly complex but fascinating. Feel free to ask any questions you might have.

It's good to have you! :D

kezune
Busy Bee
Favorite Game: DS
Favorite Species: Grendel

Postby kezune » Sat Jun 25, 2016 11:01 pm

Welcome to the forum!

GoG is a wonderful thing, isn't it? :D I wouldn't be able to play now without it.
It never hurt anybody to have thick skin, a strong back and a level head.
Designer Genes : Revived!

C-Rex
Everyday Egg
Currently Playing: C1
Favorite Game: C2

Postby C-Rex » Thu Jul 07, 2016 11:13 am

Welcome to the forum! :)
The Norn Nebula - My Creatures Blog - http://thenornnebula.blogspot.co.uk/
My SoundCloud - https://soundcloud.com/c-rex1
My YouTube Channel - https://www.youtube.com/user/Rexgamer

You were born an original. Don't die a copy.

Return to “Introductions”