The Expected and Unexpected Behaviors of Norns

Ure was not about to give me a wonderful photo opportunity, but Ramsvika stepped up to the plate! She was also one of the few Norns who willingly traveled across the garden in the cable car. Anyone who has played Creatures 1 knows what a battle it can be to get Norns to go anywhere in the cable car or underground carts! This happy Norn decided to take a leap of faith and actually explore unknown territory. I ended up feeling guilty about the decision, though, since she nearly froze in place for an hour. Ramsvika traveled back and forth on the little cart near the waterfall, and rarely did much more than look about and sleep. Her sadness quickly turned to happiness when I patted her on the head and reassured her: Maybe the reason no one likes the cable car is because of the mental anguish and trauma it can inflict! There’s a lawsuit for the Norn lawyers.

On his own, I figured Bringsli would take some time to relax. Of course not! About a minute after I checked in on Stokka, Bringsli magically rode the cart over to meet her. One can just imagine what took place: Stokka was expecting another egg! Although these pregnancies took a toll on her aging body, she often wore a smile. Stokka enjoyed being pregnant, and actually seemed to progress quite quickly. She must have sensed the need to pass along her genes to the next generation. Although it will be hard to pick the next Norns, I will certainly include at least one of her children.

With all of the exciting pregnancies, antigen 5 just couldn’t resist making an appearance to spoil the party! Pettvika was on the island with Aldra and Ytteren when she was infected. Luckily, I was around to see her first cough, and we went into extreme quarantine mode. A quick trip down the lift took Pettvika to a secluded area, where I distracted her with whatever I could to keep her mind off of the lift. There was a moment when I thought she would not pull through, since her life force quickly depleted. Yet with a couple of carrots, she was on the road to recovery! The odd jump in the graph towards the right side was a minor glitch where the science kit stayed paused while Creatures 1 continued to run. Another blasted unknown toxin, too! Those nasty chemicals know just how to crash a party.

Any guesses as to what happened just before Ure fell asleep? Naturally, Nordmela had another egg on the way. Although my Norns seem to be kisspopping and egg laying machines, I would be perfectly content if they decided to only have one or two children each. As ArchDragon commented in a previous post, when a player puts in a lot of effort into caring for his or her Norns, and understands the best methods of care, Norns absolutely thrive. I could easily leave them to their own devices and allow the adrenaline and stress to reduce their fertility on a much grander scale. I have always felt that Creatures 1 Norns deserve some form of care, though, even with the goal of making them independent. A little distanced help often works wonders.

I was rewarded for my care by Ure, who cracked me up! He had remained in the underground area near the temple, which offered very little. I brought his attention to the helicopter toy, and he was instantly mesmerized! Ure did a silly little dance each time it neared its end, and then he immediately made it jump up again. If he was bored before, he never would be again. Many of the other Norns had taken to playing with the toys again: I think they went through a phase and believed that they were too old to play with such childish things. Thankfully, most came to their senses! Ure took the medal for his antics, though. No one else came up with a dance to celebrate the action of a toy!

I figured that Ure would mark the end of my time in Albia for the moment, but I decided to make a quick journey around the world to ensure everyone was in good health. Call him ugly, cute, or anything in between, but one must agree that Oppeid made for an interesting sight in his old age! His Purple Mountain Norn head and arms had shrunk, while the rest of him remained the same size. At least he took it all in with a smile! I expect other mixed breed Norns to have similar issues in old age, yet Oppeid would always be the remembered as the first to be different. At least his tiny arms can still reach his head! Oh my.

2 Comments
« Previous Post | Next Post »