Albia’s Circle of Life

Bera aged into quite an adorable Forest Norn, although I failed to show off her new look until now. Clearly the cute little old lady look came complete with some senility: What is it with the deathcap mushroom?! Her life force plummeted to about 45% in a matter of moments, and I feared that little Bera would be the next death. Fortunately, she had enough sense to devour a few carrots. She had already experienced a lot of Albia: Was this something she felt she had to do before her time was over? Well done, Bera! At least she would stay away from the deadly weed in the future… Hopefully. It really is one alluring delicacy that tends to do a lot of harm.

Arik and Eydis found their way back to one another and spent some quality time together. They had been quite the couple: Out of five of her eggs, Arik was the father of four. His progeny was much the same, with only one unborn baby mothered by someone other than Eydis. I provided them with a plethora of food, in the hopes that it might increase their fertility. Arik was producing just enough testosterone to make me believe that a final pregnancy was possible. They seemed uninterested in my brilliant idea, though! It still was pleasant to see the first two Norns together again.

Creatures 1 went on as usual for a time, and I almost was lulled into a sense of security. That is, until I was alerted to a death. With her beloved Arik by her side, Eydis passed away quietly at the age of 11 hours and 56 minutes. The bees left her alone in death, yet I still recalled her failed attempts at becoming a Creatures 1 beekeeper. Those had been wonderful times in Albia, and now they would not return again with her. Although her death was far from unexpected, it still hurt just as much. Goodbye, Eydis.

Shortly after the passing of Eydis, I was surprised to learn that Ingelill and Ranulf had an egg on the way! She had laid her last egg long ago, and I thought that Ingelill would never conceive again. At about seven and a half hours old, she was no spring chicken! All the same, the pregnancy brought some happiness into Creatures 1 amidst the impending mortality. I hoped to see several more pregnancies before the last first generation Norns passed away. The one problem was that Ranulf was the only male with a high enough fertility. It was time to see if Folkvar or Valborg could enter the gene pool again!

6 Comments
« Previous Post | Next Post »