One Elder Adventure After Another

It was not long before Arik finally felt the effects of time and found himself in the market for a bit of hair dye! Fortunately, male Horse Norns look rather refined in their old age. Arik seemed a little confused about the change: He focused all his attention on the tiny carrot seedlings, even after I attempted to invite him to a delicious meal of full grown carrots. He looked like he was pondering the deep meaning of life: These seedlings would soon grow into tasty carrots, and then they would come to an end, until the next seedling began its cycle. Arik had a good life to look back on, and his many unborn children would keep him alive forever. Or so I hoped.

What would Albia be like without another illness? I should note that this sickness, along with several others, looks much worse when pictured on a graph. So long as Norn is quarantined from other creatures, has a bit of food nearby, and takes a moment to rest up, most illnesses can be beat with little to no extra help. Antigen 5 is often the worst form of bacteria, yet I wasn’t too worried. Even the unknown toxin didn’t appear to be life threatening. From my experience, the worst illnesses include a combination of at least two different antigens. These use up energy quickly, and the added production of multiple antibodies can take a toll on creatures. In this case, the level of antibody 5 was rising very quickly with very little effort. It looked like this immune system was fighting back!

The patient was the lovely Eydis! Admittedly, I was worried when I found out that she had become ill. She had already begun to slow down, and she made no effort to go anywhere else. Funny that she picked up an illness in one of the safest places in Creatures 1! Just goes to show that bacteria and antigens can head anywhere and everywhere. Eydis suffered from the coughing dance, where she spun around endlessly. With a stomach full of carrots, though, she didn’t seem any worse off! Luckily, she made a full recovery in seclusion. It looked like she was content with living the quiet life. I could only hope that it didn’t mean her life was almost over. One never enjoys the inevitable mortality of Norns.

Look who went on his very first submarine adventure! I was tempted to herd Keir off to the other areas of Albia, but I was pleasantly surprised when I found him leaving the desert island for the first time since he had discovered it. He looked a tad bit terrified, but who else wouldn’t be scared when traveling underwater for the first time? I carefully watched and waited to see what Keir would do when he reached the other side. Would he investigate the deathcap mushroom? Would he head off to the garden and discover the learning computer? I smiled and shook my head when he made his decision: The mainland must have been fairly boring, for Keir turned right around and rode the submarine back to his favorite desert island! What a funny Grendel!

2 Comments
« Previous Post | Next Post »