Neverending Exploration of Albia

I had an absolutely wonderful time with the newest Norn in Albia! Pictured here is Valborg, pronounced [VAHL-borg], whose Norse name means protector on the battlefield. He was completely mesmerized with the trumpet, and literally could not put it down! Even when I brought him a juicy carrot, he refused to part with his instrument for very long. It was an absolutely adorable moment. Valborg was born with just one genetic mutation which produces slightly more Hexokinase when he sneezes. This chemical is involved with the use of energy and glucose. With such a minor change in the coefficient, I had little to worry about with this little guy. If only he could avoid every illness and never have to sneeze! Maybe that wish would actually come true.

Elsewhere in Albia, Bera and Truett spent some quality time together near the ocean. The boat took off on a romantic cruise near the harbor, and both of them immediately started expressing their desire to travel to the right again. I was expecting a pregnancy to pop up due to Bera’s decreasing level of estrogen, but the timing was never there. At least they seemed to enjoy the company of one another: Truett was still avoiding pretty much every creature possible, yet he always liked to have Bera nearby. They certainly made a cute couple, and I was hoping that they would eventually produce a few more Forest and Purple Mountain Norn mixes.

Even though the Creatures 1 world is very large, Norns often congregate in certain areas. Oddly enough, Signe and Dagny had yet to meet one another. The closest they ever came to one another was near the temple. Signe pondered over the carrots for quite some time, while Dagny enjoyed a quiet respite. The downside to having identical or nearly identical Norns in Albia is the fact that it is difficult to tell them apart. I love knowing who each Norn is based solely on their appearance: Signe and Dagny are a different sort of case, but future generations should not pose this same issue. I had a moment of sadness as I watched Signe acting very antisocial. She seemed lonely in the world, even though she never moved herself away from the main group for very long. Infertility can be lonesome. I hoped she would break out of her shell soon enough and make some friends.

The main group certainly was active! Dagny, Folkvar, Ingelill, Valborg, and Arik explored the garden area. Everyone was quite hungry, but a group of Norns always takes precedence over the boring subject of food. It only kept a creature alive: Other Norns were so much more exciting! Oh, the joys of social Creatures.

Dagny recovered from her recent illness before she reunited with the rest of the group. I was very glad for her health, and I could only hope that Albia would be kind enough to hold back the antigens and toxins for just a little while! Only two more Norns were needed to complete the first generation. I was both excited and reluctant. The excitement came from finally being able to meet the next generation. The reluctance came from the fact that these foundation Norns would eventually die. I spend a lot of time interacting with the Norns and Grendels from the very first moments. Even the prospect of a death in Creatures 1 still brings a little sadness into my heart.

« Previous Post | Next Post »