Which Came First: The Norn or the Egg?

After some quiet time on her own, Adria decided it was ready to lay her first egg! She was quite surprised by the whole process, but I think curiosity was more evident than fear. To her credit, note the location where Adria chose as her nesting spot: Right near the fire! I’m biased into thinking anything she does is genius, but she was on her own while I was looking after Noric… Last I saw her, she was on the second floor near the computer.

She quickly found Noric near the teleporter to share the news with him: Adria rarely has a frown on her face, so maybe everything about life is exciting for her! Still, I think she was hoping to start the process all over again. Kiss-popping occurred a few more times before the two lovebirds cooled things down for a while. I was glad that nothing else happened… One egg would be more than enough for me to handle at a time! Adria and Noric had plenty of time to share their love throughout their lives and space out their family. At this rate, though, it looked like they were going to plan for a very large brood!

In the meantime, the fire seemed to be working wonders on the egg, where the little one was moving about. In all actuality, the fire probably played no role in the egg’s maturation, but I like to think it did a little bit. If anything, the added warmth didn’t do anything to harm the egg. Norn eggs are indestructible, though, so it likely would have been fine in the freezing tundra! Note that the egg is the same color as the one that Noric popped out of: Could it be an indication of who would soon emerge? I was about to find out and meet a new Norn

Indeed, out popped a little boy who looks almost exactly like Noric! The only difference is the color of his arms, which he inherited from Adria. Meet little Diren, the first second generation Norn in my Creatures 1 world! Early on, he seems to be quite gifted, being able to master words in about 2-3 tries. And he’s just so cute with that little smile! I was happy with him for saving me a little time at the learning computer. No need to spend extra time there!

Adria seemed to be sending Noric some signs of what she wanted… These two spent some time in front of the incubator where Adria was insistent on repeating “push Norn” over and over again. She still had some time to recover from her pregnancy with Diren, though, but hopefully she’ll get her wish granted soon! Noric couldn’t take her pestering for much longer, and decided to fall asleep rather than deal with her. She was just excited, and I had a feeling he would warm up to the idea. And if he didn’t… Adria would put her foot down and get what she wanted!

Diren took some time to warm up and explore the world. I can’t really complain, though, since a Norn’s exhaustion decreases when he or she stays still for a little while. Perhaps Diren is just awaiting the arrival of another Norn! It was a lonely time inside that egg and in the incubator area.

Things are not perfect in Albia, though. With my next post, I’ll share the problems associated with the phrase “get food” and how Noric has forgotten how to eat, once again. After some thought, though, he might just be suffering from depression since he’s been separated from Adria for some time. I wonder if a reunion will help him out, and maybe result in another egg!

« Previous Post | Next Post »