A Revival of a Terrible Fear in Creatures 1

Angharad looked so thrilled when she found the tomato plant, and one would expect that I would share in her contagious smile. Instead, I was in another panic stricken frenzy. Why? Angharad’s pregnancy at around 11 hours and 30 minutes old worried me to no end, yet she decided that repeating the act again at about 12 hours and 30 minutes old would be a good idea! I shook my fist at the devilish Gurgi, who refused to let his white hair slow him down. Angharad had to live to lay her egg! Apparently these Norns simply wanted to make me worry.

I found Llyan nearby attempting to use an egg as an exercise ball. What a silly Norn! Although it was nice to see that she wasn’t attempting to throw it over the edge like Angharad had done not too long ago, I cringed to think what would have happened had the eggshell been rather soft. Llyan soon tired of this game, but the glint in her eyes told me that she was up to something…

While I gave another evil stare in the general direction of Gurgi, I spent more time fretting over Angharad. She enjoyed the extra attention, though she was still very capable of staying independent. I smiled secretly to myself as I watched Gurgi get stung by a bee: It served him right for the trouble he had caused! Yet as my attention turned to the Observation Kit, I noticed another pregnancy icon. The proud mother-to-be decided to put on her best face in front of the still… Such a fitting spot for a pregnancy! Gurgi had struck again, and the bees continued to pester him. Were they wardens of good fertility?

There was a scene near the incubator that seemed to warrant a referee. Eilonwy had to be forced to cram a carrot down her mouth every now and again, although I caught her eating some lemons on her own. Despite her dislike of food in general, she was rather cross to find Orddu rummaging through the refrigerator. Orddu had recently grown into an adult, and she was startled to find such a cross Norn guarding the food store! Maybe Eilonwy rarely ate and guarded the food in order to stock up for some cataclysmic event. Yet this was Albia!

Meanwhile, the resident Grendel couple had cause to celebrate as their eleventh egg made its way into the world! As usual, Ellidyr was ecstatic about this accomplishment. Achren was much more reserved, and wondered if this would be the last of their eggs. I sympathized with her, but I had a feeling she would be bringing several more Grendel eggs into the world! While Ellidyr focused his attention on his tiny new treasure, Achren pretended to share his enjoyment, yet I caught her red eyes darting to the honeypot.

Melyngar was also a resident of the island, yet her time was spent pacing about and whining about food… Which was usually right in front of her! It was difficult to be angry, since it was her genetics that caused her such struggles. While she struck up a few very odd poses, Angharad laid her egg on the other side of Albia! I only hoped this would be the last scare for some time!

2 Comments
« Previous Post | Next Post »