The most exciting part of Creatures Challenges is the ability to unlock prizes! If you have something you would like to contribute as a prize, that's awesome! Please send me (Jessica) a PM with the following information and any other details:
- Type of Prize (i.e. genetic breed, COB, metaroom, smilies, written resource, etc.)
- Associated Creatures Game (if any)
- Desired Point Threshold
- Deadline to Unlock (if any)
How to Join
Welcome aboard! Joining Creatures Challenges is quite simple. You decide how you will participate, and remember that even the bare minimum of earned points each month counts for something. Prizes are unlocked as a community effort, so more people help to unlock those rewards even quicker. The only thing to keep in mind is that you should plan to participate at least once every few months to avoid forfeiting any unspent points. Keep playing Creatures, completing challenges, and earning points!
To join, post a new topic in this board. This will become the place where you will record all of your activity. You may follow a format similar to what others use, or come up with a template that works for you! Note that only you should respond to your topic.
How to Report Activity
After your topic has been created, you're ready to begin! Check out the current month's Creatures Challenges topic, which will include the point values for different activities. It will also include information about special challenges, some of which may be randomly posted throughout the month. Make sure to check back often to see what you can do to earn more points! Some challenges are time sensitive and might only be active for a few hours. Follow the instructions carefully for any deadlines.
You can record your activity directly in your topic, or link to a document where you keep track of everything. It's up to you! Please keep the following recommendations in mind as you develop your own system:
- By the end of the current month, you must clearly show how many points you earned during the month.
- Points must be broken out by activity, rather than simply listed as a single number, or they may not count.
- You may record the actual dates of completed activities, but this is only required for certain challenges.
April 2016 Challenges (44 Points Earned)
- April 2: Played Creatures 1 for 10 Hours (10 Points)
- April 16: Wrote a Blog Post About Dendrites (12 Points)
- April 24: Introduced a Friend to Creatures 2 (20 Points)
- April 26: Hatched a Baby Norn in Creatures 1 (2 Points)
- May 10: Completed the Super Secret Challenge (250 Points)
- May 22: Commented on a Discover Albia Blog Post (6 Points)
How to Spend Points
After the current month's deadline, all points are checked and added into the Standings. Be sure to review these around the beginning of each month to see how many points you have earned, and also to find out who was the winner from the previous month! You do not need to spend your points immediately. If you would like to spend points to help unlock a prize, simply make a post within your Creatures Challenges topic indicating the number of points to spend and which prize to spend them on.
That's it! Some prizes may be unlocked quickly, and others may take some time. This is a community effort, but above all else, Creatures Challenges are designed to make Creatures fun. Enjoy playing on your own and working with the community!