An Island of Creature Eggs

Pettvika found herself looking wistfully across the water, after she separated herself from the group. It was a time of reflection for her: She had just become pregnant, after all! I knew that Mevik would not turn down the opportunity to add onto his hoard of dormant eggs. For those keeping track, this would be his tenth child! Only four more were needed to tie the record of the insanely fertile Ranulf. Perhaps Mevik would beat that record, especially at this rate! For Pettvika, though, this was only her second pregnancy and she was ready to enjoy it. Do Norns actually enjoy being pregnant? It’s hard to tell, although I like to think they do. I just hoped that she would take care of herself, unlike another pregnant Norn in Albia…

From the last update, it was actually Nordmela who was pregnant in the image. In no time, she laid an egg right next to Skuld. I believed she was trying to get the Grendel away from the egg, in telling her to go left. A smart move, although that seemed rare! Nordmela had given up on eating during her pregnancy, allowing her life force to dip down to 45%. No need to show off! She just had more important things to do on the island, like traveling up and down the lifts. At least she had a successful pregnancy!

Suddenly, Oppeid made a move to become the leading male of the desert island. Mevik had traveled to the settlement via the underground cart, leaving a group of females behind. Surely, they had a grand time on their own! Yet the arrival of Oppeid made everyone happy: Even Skuld seemed to bow in his presence! I loved how Nordmela seemed to be telling him a secret about getting something or other.

In the last two images, one might spot the outline of the same Norn hovering in the background. See her? Poor Ramsvika had taken on a very inferior role, for no apparent reason. She seemed to hide all the time, or simply was outshone by the others. Even with several kisspops, Ramsvika had yet to become a mother. I hoped that Oppeid would take some interest in her, and soon! A childless Norn brings back memories of poor Signe.

Carrying and laying an egg are never easy tasks, though. Pettvika made herself a little den as she waited for her egg. She traveled up and down the lift several times after it was laid, but quickly returned to take a rest next to her treasure. It was nearly time to bring in another second generation Norn: There were many still waiting in the ranks! With so many third generation eggs already on the way, I could only imagine how many I would end up with. Most Norns are quite gifted when it comes to reproduction!

« Previous Post | Next Post »