Two Breeds and a Host of C1 Body Data Updates

Although I took a short break from working on the body data files for the updated Creatures 1 Norns, I jumped right back in! The Banana Norns underwent an overhaul since their recent beta release. Chances are the changes are minor enough not to be noticed! Just call me obsessed… Although minor, there were so many glaring issues with this breed.

The sprites for all of the baby male breeds are complete! Aside from a few minor changes I might make as I go through the body data files, I’m very pleased with how they turned out. I’m even finding that each breed has its own unique appearance, which could give way to thinking up new personalities for my Norns. I probably started with the most difficult life stage, because the babies literally have no room for error with some poses. Changing the location of an arm or leg by one pixel can create drastic results. Luckily, this means that the other life stages should be a bit easier to work with! I will be working feverishly on the rest of the body data this week… Only not too feverishly! Getting burned out over this project is an easy thing to do, and I would rather pace myself to release a high quality download.

In the meantime, enjoy this preview of the finished White Haired Pixie Norns! Brighter colors, better body part positions, and a cleaned up mane and tail are the main features of this breed. The forward facing pose has a slightly bow legged appearance, yet I like how it gives him character! There may be some minor tweaks in the works to fix a few small things, though.

Two out of the seven male baby breeds are complete. Up next, in order, will be the Horse Norn, Santa Norn, Purple Mountain Norn, Forest Norn, and Ron Norn. Lots to do, but seeing these fixes in motion makes it all worthwhile! I plan to release all of the breeds at once, although I still will be looking for feedback. Testing these new sprites and body data files with mixed breeds will be rather difficult, considering there are four appearance genes and seven choices for each one. All is going well so far! Want to have these released as soon as possible? Make sure to leave a comment: Any motivation would be wonderful! Staring at coordinates can sap the energy of the most determined developer.

« Previous Post | Next Post »