Four Strikes and a Small Generation of Norns

My first order of business in Creatures Docking Station was to keep up with the insane egg queue! Gherissa recently laid four eggs, and they all looked just about ready to burst. However, the results were not as I had expected. Indeed, the first three to hatch made me believe that Gherissa and Anshou had conceived identical quintuplets. Then the last egg cracked, and I found myself gazing at a very different Norn!

Lasidio, Megrid, Nameau, and Ogrie were absolutely precious, yet they were all males. Gherissa’s direct family line had ended, despite her high chance of passing along her genes to at least one daughter. At least she was still able to have several children of her own: I originally thought she had run too far from Anshou to ever find out what an egg was! I bid farewell to the four young brothers, who would go on to find new homes.

With just three females in the next generation, I made the decision to introduce another first generation Norn. Persia, a ChiChi Norn, helped add to the very colorful theme of the females! It was mostly chance that had made this group of females so small. All of the mothers had laid a decent number of eggs, but the little boys wanted to make their presence known! Persia easily made her way into the group for a little playtime. Her mark also matched her perfectly, and she wore it proudly!

Anshou and Ixenba finally found one another again, and his happiness was reflected in the alpha female’s growing tummy! This couple was rather distant from each other, although Anshou was hardly to blame: Ixenba was more content in her solitude. She had made one of Chione’s caves her very own, and could hardly be bothered to leave its comfort. At least Anshou was brave enough to journey across the frozen surface! With such a quiet couple, I started to consider allowing the alpha couple to spend time with the young babies, until they reached childhood. In all the mayhem, I was unable to introduce an infertile Norn to watch over the babies!

The two fresh eggs hatched into a pair of twins: Quiveka and Raefim. I was thrilled to see another male! Raefim was just the third male to join the ranks, which still seemed like a small number. As I was pondering what to do about the low number of males, Anshou and Ixenba decided to bring another two eggs into the world! Despite the small number, it seemed like the next generation would still have a sufficient number of Norns.

5 Comments
« Previous Post | Next Post »