The Disaster That Might Have Been

Despite all the odds, Ellidyr managed to pull through his terrible illness! His antibodies kicked in and kicked that blasted antigen into oblivion. The careworn face I had come to love sparkled with life again as Ellidyr promptly gorged himself on honey. With a few well placed carrots, his life force returned to a safe level once again. Even more amazingly, the illness was not spread to anyone else. Take that, Albian disease! Not every apparent disaster has to be realized, and can fade away into oblivion.

In another positive twist of events, Melyngar found herself again and managed to meet up with Llyan. As they enjoyed the underwater lookout spot, I was pleased to see both Norns in good spirits. It was a fleeting moment, for Melyngar soon fell back into her frozen pose again. Yet I managed to feed her a sole carrot, which brought back a smile to her faded eyes. At least she still had a bit of spirit left within her! It always pays to stick with a Norn, no matter how bad the odds.

The cutest couple, Taran and Orwen, were separated in a way that looked to be permanent: He was on the desert island, and she was near the temple. In a way that could only be at the hands of fate, this lovely couple reunited near the beehives again! Taran ended up taking the underwater cart by himself, and Orwen braved the cable car without incident. Their reunion was one of the happiest, and also came at the perfect time: Orwen could hardly contain her excitement about her forthcoming egg! These two had nearly forgotten what a wonderful place their first home was. So many memories…

Were these two made for one another? Most certainly! Taran’s adventures around the world had actually taught him not to interfere with the bees. Norns and bees could finally coexist peacefully, though it seemed like Taran would have bothered the buzzing bugs had it not been for Orwen. With most of the population in old age, it was nice to see such a youthful display of love. I could only hope that Taran and Orwen didn’t turn out to create a brood as large as the family of bees! What a disaster that might be!

« Previous Post | Next Post »