Seven Norns and Their Quest to Become the Alpha Male

Thank you to everyone who sent birthday wishes my way yesterday! I had a wonderful day offline, and it was awesome to see lots of happy birthday messages posted online. I really appreciate it!

Since my last visit to Creature Docking Station was completely centered around the females, it was time to travel around and take stock of the next potential alpha males. I found Neeril hanging out by himself. He was only one of two brothers who had a Hardman Norn head. Suffice to say that he was near the top of my list of hopefuls! Although the area left open to the males was fairly small, Neeril ended up traveling from one end to the other. He also apparently didn’t inherit the aggressiveness of the typical Hardman: He was as gentle as a summer breeze! Maybe not quite as gentle as that, but he certainly wasn’t going around slapping everyone.

Valcon was the youngest brother, and it was only fitting that he would pick up an illness. Fortunately, this one remained isolated to him, even though several of his brothers were very close at hand. I forced myself not to intervene, yet Valcon was a tough little guy! He did nothing but sleep and sneeze for several minutes, but in the end, he kicked antigen 7 to the curb! Shortly thereafter, he grew into an adolescent. Valcon was probably the most rooted to one spot of all his brothers. I never saw him travel up the lift or into the hallway. However, he made his way down to this spot at one point, so his instincts were working properly. He just liked his home!

Reyvik and Quintar were very different in appearance, even though they had been born around the same time. There was little for me to notice in them… They seemed like typical Norns, without anything to make them stand out. From experience, though, these unassuming males were some of the sneakiest when it came to becoming an alpha male! I imagined that they might have just been biding their time. Quintar showed up in many different areas, while Reyvik seemed more ninja like and undetectable. Seemed like they were being sneaky!

There was one brother who appeared to be in the way, and he migrated between the small groups, yet never found his place. Povio might have traveled the most of his brothers, even though it was more of constant wandering than actual traveling with destinations. His named reminded me of the word pauvre, which is the French word for poor. He was a Norn who really didn’t fit in with his male associates, yet he very well could end up being quite the ladies man! One never can be too sure when it comes to these Norns. Povio could just end up being the luckiest and richest Norn in the world, if he timed his introduction just right.

The sixth male was one who was surprisingly social and kindhearted. Marvix had stayed with Valcon through his illness, and provided the company that the little Norn needed. Marvix also traveled around to meet the rest of his brothers, where he politely played ball with them and made scant conversation. I actually liked his coloring, even though he was heavily influenced by the Zebra Norn genes. Only his Bengal tail was slightly mismatched, yet every male had this type of tail.

Last, but certainly not least, was Simteo! Some have commented on how they like him the most, and I was initially inclined to agree. Yet he has turned out to be more aloof than I thought possible… He has a tendency to stare into space for long periods of time, only moving around to eat or explore on a very limited basis. I still adored his appearance as I watched him, but I worried that he might not be active, nor outgoing enough to wear the alpha male crown. Simteo, along with his six brothers, had only a little longer to fully mature. The next generation was just over the horizon: Expect a Creatures Docking Station video sometime soon!

3 Comments
« Previous Post | Next Post »