Naptime in Albia and Its Exciting Conclusion

There was no better place to enjoy a little snooze than under the sea! Achren had been isolated near the settlement for awhile, and it was by sheer luck that she fell asleep where the cart could pick her up. I was very excited to see that she had become an adult. Both she and Ellidyr seemed to be stuck in childhood for a long time, yet a look at their genetics showed that their aging chemical fell at a slower rate than usual. This would mean a longer lifespan, which was wonderful! Perhaps they would outlast this entire generation of Norns.

Another nap was in progress on the other side of Albia. Angharad still had a dangerously low life force of about 30%, despite my constant nagging. She had progressed into holding a carrot, but that was not enough. Luckily, a few minutes after she awoke, I watched her finally eat two carrots! It was a bit of an improvement, yet her life force was still under 50%. Her body could survive for a long time: It was the threat of disease that made me worry about Angharad. At least she had actually eaten, although she was already in need of another feast.

My other Grendel, Ellidyr, had also become an adult! He dragged Dallben along for another undersea adventure, only in the opposite ocean. It still amazed me that Norns and Grendels would want to take constant journeys in the submarine… The Shee had left long ago, and who was actually maintaining this vessel?! Dallben was relieved when they docked, although Ellidyr looked around like he wanted another ride. I actually removed the cave flies so that everyone could travel more easily to the island.

Achren and Ellidyr were soon reunited. They kissed one another, smiled their toothy Grendel grins, and tried to express how happy they were. In the end, the occasion was commemorated with a dual nap. I don’t think they could have gotten any closer: It almost looked like there was a single Grendel with two heads! Even though sleeping creatures are not exciting to watch, this meant that they were taking care of themselves. Besides, there were plenty of Norns up to their old silly ways whom I could watch!

Was there ever a more perfect picture of two Creatures 1 Grendels? After awaking at almost exactly the same time, Achren and Ellidyr made their way up to the main level of the island. They basked in the sun, and made a wonderful pair! It took a little more time and patience, yet there was soon a baby Grendel on the way! This would be my first natural Grendel egg, and I realized I had some planning to do. Would I hatch it now?

I had little time to think it over, for there was another couple who were expecting. Congratulations to Doli and Dwyvach! Although they were half siblings and looked almost identical, this was still cause for celebration. They made a very adorable Norn couple, and Doli didn’t even attempt to abandon her after her pregnancy began. What a gentleman! Now, if only the rest of the male Norns could be as polite as Ellidyr and Doli!

2 Comments
« Previous Post | Next Post »