The Outbreak That Held Its Tongue in Creatures 1

The sight of a sleeping Norn in Creatures 1 almost always creates an atmosphere of calm and peace. Bringsli looked very content in the garden, where he had curled up near the small greenhouse. Luckily, he had separated himself from the others in order to rest. I often watch my Norns crowd together and become absolutely confused when it comes to escaping! The fact of the matter is that Norns and Grendels from C1 tend to prefer the company of others. As much as I would love for them to be more solitary and independent, their ceaseless social interactions are neverending. Yet Bringsli was up to something else…

His body had become home to an infection: Oh joy! It was immediately apparent that this was a fairly nasty illness, since the production rate of antibody 0 was painfully slow. It was also interesting how an unknown toxin almost exactly followed the path of antigen 0. The apparent peaceful sleep Bringsli was in was no more than a side effect of his illness. There was just one thing that could have made this one of the worst possible illnesses: Histamines. I never can remember if coughing or sneezing creates a contagious effect. Perhaps both have that distinct privilege! As luck would have it, Bringsli was spared from histamine A and B. Although it took him a long time to recover, Albia avoided an outbreak this time. I knew just how lucky everyone was, since these illnesses can take a turn for the worse very quickly.

Just as Bringsli had isolated himself from the main group, Ytteren found herself alone on the island. Despite the warm sunshine and soothing sounds of the ocean, she wore a sad expression on her face. No amount of coaxing could get her to eat, nor move further than a few steps. Physically, Ytteren was in good health, but something seemed amiss. I stayed with her for a few minutes, offering as many tickles as I could to reward her for doing everything but laying down. I would have to find her a friend, although I was certainly not going to bring the whole bunch of ten Norns to her! Ytteren just needed someone to look out for her.

With the infection dissipated from his system, Bringsli felt like a brand new Norn! What does a brand new Norn do? In his mind, following Nordmela around endlessly seemed like a good idea. I wish I had filmed the scene, for Nordmela would have none of it: She constantly turned around to slap Bringsli, but he just kept on following her. Obsessed much, Bringsli? In the end, his incessant presence intrigued Nordmela. In the blink of an eye, she went from slapping him to carrying an egg! That was the trick that sent him on his way, oddly enough.

Skuld froze in place when she apparently started to see double… After all, she had just discovered a can of hootch! The look on her face was priceless. Of course, it was just Ramsvika and Stokka. Even I have trouble telling them apart! Skuld promptly took a well deserved nap: Hopefully that cleared away her temporary confusion! It still amazes me that these two females are completely unrelated, even though their only physical difference is in their legs. Sneaky, sneaky!

Ure and Oppeid soon formed an interesting, living wall around Ramsvika and Stokka. They looked a bit silly, since the only current danger existed in the bacteria and illnesses that periodically floated throughout their world. I imagined that they were attempting to make a statement, since Bringsli had begun to take over. I secretly hoped that they would head off on their own to confront the young male… That might give me some time to breath between watching the pregnant females and eggs!

If I can manage it, I hope to complete the second generation in the next week or two. All future generations should take a much shorter span of time: Silly me just had to let all of the eggs hatch! The third generation should feature under twenty Norns in total. Not to worry about the leftover Norns, though! They will be part of a little event I will be planning to adopt out all of my C1 and C3/DS Norns who have or will be exported. Hopefully they will find interesting homes! Feel free to post a comment if you would be interested in any Norns. I’m fairly certain I will have more than enough to adopt out, though!

6 Comments
« Previous Post | Next Post »