Two New Baby Norns at Long Last

I was ecstatic as I waited for the incubator to work its magic on the little green egg. It had been a long time since an egg had hatched, and it was about time that Albia had a few more little feet running about! To my great surprise, my anticipation was met by an exact replica of Baldur! I named this adorable lad Nepur, and he was the son of Baldur and Vanadis. Aside from a few minor genetic mutations, he inherited everything from his father! That little smile was a joy to see for the first time, and I quietly welcomed him to Albia. It could be a scary place for a newborn Norn, yet he just calmly blinked and smiled.

I could not help but smile when Nepur learned my name and was excited to follow the hand. There are many different names to give the hand in the game, but I chose to use my name. It seemed a lot more personal and cute than using the word hand, which I believe the manual recommends. Is it odd that I know the pronunciation of my name in Nornish? “Jinki-ro-so” is music to my ears!

After we went through the usual vocabulary lessons, Nepur and I took a trip through the garden. He soaked in a lot of knowledge, and it was like a journey into the past as I recalled Baldur as a baby Norn. Nepur was the first third generation Norn to be born in Albia! He was mesmerized by the spinning top, and had such a wonderful time playing with it! Norns never can resist its crazy spinning motion… I wonder if they plot to act just like that? Nepur seemed calm enough not to go running about like a maniac, though one never could tell with Norns!

By and by, Freya entered the garden to meet her grandson. She was very gentle with him, and I had a feeling that she simply wanted to teach Nepur all about the world. Passing on knowledge is often limited to speech and some behaviors in Creatures 1, although it can not be denied that Norns and Grendels learn from one another. The only issues involve eating and resting: Creatures can be so interested in what others are doing, that they simply forget to take care of themselves!

The world would not have been complete without another baby Norn! Once again, the sight that met my eager eyes was even more of a surprise than Nepur: I named this handsome Norn Rimfaxi, and his appearance was inherited entirely from his mother, Wyrrd! Poor Thor might not even recognize that this is his first son! Rimfaxi may look entirely like a Purple Mountain Norn, but his chemical makeup was taken from Thor. If he had been a female, Wyrrd would have had a twin in the world!

Rimfaxi was eager to learn, and learn he did! I found that both he and Nepur were excellent eaters from the very start, which I hope will help them later in life. Norns who know the importance of eating can often pull themselves away from a large group long enough to sneak in a few bites. Resting, on the other hand, is an entirely different story! How exciting it was to finally have two new Norns in the world!

1 Comment
« Previous Post | Next Post »