A Meeting of the Minds

Shortly after finishing up her lesson at the learning computer, Vanadis followed closely in Freya’s footsteps by traveling through the teleporter. After a momentary flash of blinding light, the young White Haired Pixie Norn found herself face to face with the only other living Norn in Albia. A staring contest ensued for several moments, after which time the two females tickled one another and formed a friendship. Their connection was short-lived, however, as Freya went off in search of something more interesting. Norns simply can not hold another Norn’s attention forever!

Vanadis followed Freya for a time, but her tiny little arms and legs simply could not keep up. I introduced her to the wonderful world of toys, which was more than enough to keep her entertained! However, Vanadis was completely distracted when it came time to eat. She looked a bit forlorn after discovering my disapproval, but young Norns must understand that a carrot sustains life more than a ball! It was a difficult lesson to teach, yet I was more determined than she was.

A little extra time spent teaching her more about the objects in Albia was very well spent. Vanadis appeared to have found her calling with the trumpet, and announced time and time again that she was going to play a little tune! Being the attentive one that I am, I encouraged her to play to her heart’s content. Little Vanadis might have started her own orchestra! Alas, she heard the bouncing ball again, and gave up her musical career for the time being. So much for the next master trumpet player! Maybe it was a hobby she would pick up again once she grew up.

Dvalin certainly was not one to be left out! Freya took an immediate liking to him, and went so far as to accompany him to the learning computer. Never underestimate the importance of educated Grendels: They oftentimes travel to different parts of the world and can indicate where treasures and dangers may lie. Freya showed a good deal of bravery in approaching Dvalin and ignoring his scary appearance. She knew that behind those red eyes and sharp teeth, a priceless friend would be found. And no more must Dvalin go through Albia alone!

Happy Holidays to All!
And to All a Good Night!
3 Comments
« Previous Post | Next Post »