The New Kid on the Block

I last left Albia with 6 fertile females and 2 infertile males. Although there were about five unhatched eggs in storage, it was obvious that without a new male, most of the younger females would have a slim chance of becoming mothers when they were relatively young. Older females in Creatures 1 are capable of becoming pregnant, but not all Norns make it to old age. Noric was the oldest Norn in Albia, but reluctantly, I exported him to make room for a new male.

Ironically, a little guy closely resembling Noric popped out of the egg! This is Brennis, who is pretty much destined to become a father time and time again. Not a bad outlook on life! I had hoped for a White Haired Pixie Norn, since we have yet to see a male Norn exhibiting most of these qualities. Brennis is far from a disappointment, though: He has a very important purpose in life, although I intend to let him make most of his own decisions. Let’s just hope he can make the right ones and stay out of trouble!

Funny how when baby Norns are born, their attention is usually on something far away in the world. The very first thing that Brennis saw when he emerged from the incubator was Onessa. After all, she is the one that most resembles him, and perhaps he has an idea of what’s in store for him as an adult! Notice that Rafin is also nearby: Foreshadowing of a rivalry? We would have to wait to find out the result.

Brennis is much more than just the lone fertile male. He learned his vocabulary very quickly, and seemed a little overwhelmed by so many new sights. It’s been some time since a youngster entered Albia, and it’s funny to see how very tiny Norns start out as. They get exhausted from crawling about, and almost have to constantly be in motion in order to keep up with the adults. Maybe that’s why several females often get pregnant at about the same time.

Meanwhile, Rafin entered his next life stage. At least the male Horse Norns get to partially enjoy their youthful hair color: Adria’s beautiful golden locks turned white when she aged! I still think of her as each Norn gets older and older. She did leave one final unhatched egg, though, which I can not wait to hatch! Rafin didn’t have as much luck with becoming a father early in life, though, and I believe that he truly only fathered two or three Norns. If only he were still fertile enough to pass along his legacy! Alas, it looked like stress and old age had rendered him more of a pretty ornament.

The world took a topsy-turvy spin shortly after this peaceful period of time. Everyone was gathered together in the garden, aside from Azdira and Izria. Suddenly, Evrietta came down with a cough, right in the middle of the group. I had a panic attack as flashbacks of the plague came to mind. I was able to separate Evrietta from everyone, aside from one Norn: Brennis. Of all the Creatures to infect, it had to be the one little guy who was most important! Thankfully, the illness was relatively mild. Brennis healed up very quickly, and was off to find the rest of the group. Evrietta took about two to three times longer to produce enough antibodies to get well. I’m not sure if age hindered her, but I breathed a long sigh of relief when she returned to a healthy state.

Someone couldn’t have been happier with his position in life! Actually, this photo was most likely the result of a honey pot feast, but Brennis really has enjoyed traveling around the world to meet all of the females. Whereas there usually is competition for kiss-popping, as well as the possibility of spending time with a female who is already pregnant, Brennis has free range over six very fertile females. Even the older adults, like Evria and Evrietta, are still very capable of becoming pregnant.

Sure enough, it didn’t take much time for Brennis to succeed! Indeed, he was determined to get Evria pregnant first… He stayed by her when he had his choice of three or four other nearby females. Perhaps he has a preference for the White Haired Pixie Norns, for he chose Izria next! All in all, Brennis got each and every female pregnant in a very short amount of time. (More about Olennia later on.) I’ll admit that I did entice some moving around and may have mentioned “push Norn” a few times, but most of the pregnancies were completely uninfluenced. The oddest part was the fact that Brennis wanted very little to do with Azdira: Although he met her in her prime early on, she was the last female to become pregnant. I wonder if he sensed that she was the child of Rafin, and he wanted to be the only living male to pass along his genes.

Evria was the most thrilled! She is now about 11 hours old, and still has not become an elder. With the sadness surrounding Adria’s death starting to subside, Evria is becoming the matriarch of the group. Indeed, all of the females in the world are either her daughters or granddaughters. The plague nearly erased Adria from the world completely. That reminds me that I really need to get moving on these family trees so we all can understand whose genes are most prevalent!

I do believe we can rest assured that there are enough eggs to last for some time! How many of these belong to Brennis? A whopping eight! Evria, Evrietta, and Onessa actually became pregnant twice in a very short span of time. Brennis is one fertile male! After only about three hours of life, though, his testosterone level has fallen drastically, thereby reducing his fertility. I plan on letting everyone live normally for some time before deciding whether to export Rafin to hatch another new male. Next in line to be brought back into the world is Enterra, who hatched before I could move her egg into storage. The lack of males is still an issue, although I’m very happy that nearly everyone has been able to have at least one new egg.

Finally, I wanted to thank Tarlia for her Updated C1 Hatchery Genetics! Brennis is the first hatchery Norn of mine to have these genetics, which allow Norns to die of old age and removes a gene that converted anti-oxidant into ageing. In other words, Norns die at a normal time in their life, rather than living on indefinitely. Great work!

3 Comments
« Previous Post | Next Post »