Meet Adria

I just couldn’t resist introducing my first Norn! In my game, in that first generation Norns aren’t purebred, but exhibit traits of two breeds. From what I understand, the genetics are taken from the standard parent genetics, which would normally be of the same breed. Not that I’m complaining: I fell in love with my first Norn! Meet Adria, the female Horse/White Haired Pixie Norn! She surprised me with her initial looks, but in a very pleasant way. Look at that smile!

We spent some time traveling up the lift and learning all of the verbs: I often only wait until a Norn has spoken the word correctly once or twice before moving on, but I was very careful in having Adria say the word correctly 4-5 times before continuing on to the next word. This allowed the concepts to settle a little more easily into her mind. It also comes in handy when a Norn comes across an uneducated Norn or Grendel: The word sticks in his or her mind, and often leads to communal learning. Adria was well on her way to becoming a teacher: She was in awe of the computer!

We spent a good deal of time learning how good all of the different foods and herbs are: Hungry Norns are a sad sight to see, and their health suffers quite a bit. In my test world, my first death occurred because a Norn would not eat any food. He knew the command “get food” yet he would only stare blankly and repeat the words. Luckily, Adria is already a connoisseur of pretty much everything edible… Including some of the less harmful weeds. I think she learned her lesson trying those out! At least they had very few effects, though they were enough to make her think twice about sampling them again down the line. Carrots and honey are best, after all!

Her one issue is that she loves to carry around carrot seedlings and focus on trying her best to pull immature carrots out of the ground. Gardener? Perhaps, but Adria does seem to have a good deal of patience! Thankfully, she almost always has a smile on her face and loves exploring the world. We got as far as the jungle area before Adria decided she wanted to head back to somewhere a little more familiar… I didn’t blame her, since those dark shadows were quite menacing for such a tiny being.

It’s official: I’m extremely attached to Adria! These are the photos I took during her first life stage as a baby, but I already have many more of her as a child. Make sure to check back for those: There was a very interesting incident involving a can of hootch, and a rare glimpse of a very happy face! I love Creatures 1, just as I did so many years ago.

« Previous Post | Next Post »