The Discover Albia Forum is Now Closed

Thank you for a short but wonderful experience! Due to time constraints and other factors, the forum is now archived and is no longer open to new registrations nor posts. All existing content can be seen for the time being. Thanks again, and I wish everyone all the best!

Please note that the forum may be permanently removed in the future, so please save any content sooner rather than later. No advance notice of this action will occur.

Hello Everyone :)

Join in and get to know the community!
Intyalle
Everyday Egg

Hello Everyone :)

Postby Intyalle » Fri Apr 14, 2017 8:19 pm

Hi! For those who were on the old Gameware forums, I used to go by bab_5_freak, but these days I go by Intyalle pretty much everywhere.

I first found creatures when I got a copy of C1 as a present when I was about 5-6. I particularly enjoy genetics - and the tinkering thereof - and generally breeding and doing wolfing runs. That said though, reading a bunch of Jessica's C1 posts has instilled in me a new love of actually teaching and caring for norns, and I'm having fun with a game of C1 lately. Even if I did eventually give up the teaching and get the Encyclopedia Nornica books ^.^; With one or two norns it was great, but by the time I hit four I could no longer teach one norn vocab without ruining someone else's, and the teaching room just doesn't have enough examples of nouns in it.

Amaikokonut
Busy Bee
Currently Playing: C3/DS
Favorite Game: C2
Favorite Species: Norn

Re: Hello Everyone :)

Postby Amaikokonut » Wed Apr 19, 2017 6:01 pm

Heey, good to see you! Your name does sounds a little familiar. Sigh, so much was lost with the vanishing of the Gameware forums. It was a chaotic place at times, but I made a lot of good memories there.

I've always found C1 to be a bit of a challenge too, especially when it comes to teaching vocabulary. Some days I'm in the mood for handling it and sometimes I'm not!

Anyways, nice to see there's still some people kicking around here :>

Doringo
Everyday Egg
Favorite Game: C3/DS
Favorite Species: Shee

Postby Doringo » Sun Apr 23, 2017 7:17 am

Heya! Creatures 1 was a bit of a doozy for me too, but as with most early creatures games (PS1 included!) patience pays off when it comes to your norns. If you ever decide to manually teach norns again, you're going to want to use the ball to bring them up the lift to the computer first, and then teach them push, look and come before any other words, as they are the most important words you can ever teach a norn in Creatures 1. After that, with a combination of Nornview and the look command, you can coax your norn into looking at nearly any object that you can place your hand close to, meaning you can teach it the noun for it. However teaching them the noun for the hand is more about taking opportunity for when they look at you. After that you can take them anywhere by saying "Come hand".

It's also worth noting that norns are much, much harder to teach when not alone, so it's best you keep norns apart most of the time. The teleporters are more than useful for this task.
User number 35

Intyalle
Everyday Egg

Postby Intyalle » Sat Apr 29, 2017 10:06 pm

Yeah, I wasn't actually having trouble teaching them individually, and I already well know the ball in the lift trick ;) The problem was teaching them more than the very limited repertoire of items in the learning room. Once I hit about 4 norns, I could no longer keep the others away when it came time to teach them, say, herb, or weed.

Venithil
Busy Bee
Currently Playing: C2
Favorite Species: Norn

Postby Venithil » Fri Jun 02, 2017 2:36 pm

Have a super belayed welcome! Although, in the grand scheme of things, you have been playing the games much longer than I did.
One day, all the weird mutant Norns, Ettins, and Grendels shall make themselves an X-Albians movie.
If you'd like to read a blog-style story of my Creatures playthroughs (including struggles with Creatures 2' "Smart" breeds [Canny, N. Subterra, Kannova], and my own genome) click Here!

If you'd like to check and download my work with the Kannova genome, click here!

Return to “Introductions”