Return to the Land of C1 Spriting

My biggest contribution this year was the release of the updated baby male sprites and body data files for Creatures 1 Norns. I also completed similar updates for all life stages of the C1 Grendels, both males and females. Regrettably, my summer was consumed by work and other commitments. I would love to say that I made some progress since the initial release… Yet that would be a complete and utter lie. I wanted to have another release out by now, but sometimes life foils the best plans! With a bit of a break in my schedule, along with the CCSF 2013 in November, I am determined to get something done in terms of this massive project I took on. There have been some very useful comments posted in a topic at Creatures Caves. I have several ways to move forward, and move forward I will! First on my list is to make a few adjustments to the baby males that were released. These include the following changes:

• Alternate Head Sprites: Create Forest and White Haired Pixie Norns with full heads of hair.
  • Black Boots: Change the White Haired Pixie Norn boots back to the original black.
  • Elbows: Attempt to better align the arms of the Horse, Purple Mountain, Santa, and White Haired Pixie Norns.
  • Shading: Update the shading underneath the White Haired Pixie Norn’s head to make him more uniform.

I want to state that there will never be a way for me to make every single requested change to make this updated sprite and body data set 100% perfect for everyone. My goal is to make these Norns an improvement over the originals, while still maintaining their overall appearances. Rest assured that this project is going to be completed! I plan on dedicating a lot more time into it, while trying to avoid the frustration that can accompany it. Every developer must know the annoying times when one pixel or one number messes up the whole process! Feel free to prod me along if it ever seems like this project is slowing down. Ultimately, all life stages of every C1 Norn breed will be completed and then transferred over to C2 and C3/DS. This could turn out to be my life’s work! Ha ha! It really is enjoyable, though, and the baby males in my Creatures 1 world have benefited from the changes immensely. The only thing to wonder is whether I remember how to use the programs… That knowledge should still be floating around!

« Previous Post | Next Post »