The Unmistakably Unique Parts of Albia

A little journey beneath the Albian ocean rekindled a romance between Inndyr and Junkerdal. Although they were more interested in their new surroundings most of the time, they were rewarded with a little egg! I was forced to separate them for a bit, simply because they both had developed a dislike for food in general… Not exactly a useful habit in the survival game! Junkerdal found that the pregnancy took a heavy toll on her body, yet like most Norns, she bounced back fairly quickly. Inndyr, too, decided to enjoy his meals again.

Back on the desert island, Korgen and Alfhild were left behind. Fortunately, they were very comfortable in their makeshift lair! The Grendel dozed off, while Korgen cuddled up with his favorite honeypot. He might have considered a nap, had he not gulped down the delicious caffeinated beverage nearby! A diet of coffee and honey sounds pretty awful, but many Norns enjoy the odd combination. It was not as unhealthy as its real life counterpart.

Junkerdal decided to celebrate her latest egg by announcing her news from the highest point in Albia! She traveled to the top floor of the settlement all on her own, and it was an exclusive place that creatures tended not to visit. The silly Horse Norn took up star gazing, during the daytime. Actually, there is a hidden day and night cycle in Creatures 1, at least according to the manual and some game information. If only the capability to at least dim the lighting existed: Junkerdal let me know that she would most appreciate it. In the end, she gave up her astronomy career for something more important: Cheese!

The other female Norn was not to be left out: Hopen began journeying back and forth via the submarine and boat. I assumed that she would grow tired of the monotonous pace, but I should have known better! This was the same Norn who had sampled the herbs and weeds over and over again not too long ago. It was satisfying to know that Hopen was enjoying her life, and taking care of herself much better than I thought she would. I prodded her to eat a few times, yet she often looked at me as if to roll her eyes. Intelligence comes in many forms in Creatures 1. Apparently, only the intelligent Norns made adventurous journeys!

2 Comments
« Previous Post | Next Post »