Continue following along with the underwater Norns and Grendels of Artemiidae! This new chapter provides another glimpse into their aquatic world, complete with different metarooms and plenty of commentary. Laugh as I completely botch a few names, and mix up a couple of Norns! Classic. The first video also included some CAOS instructions for setting the default music for metarooms. Grendel Man was kind enough to point me in the right direction to make one final change. These instructions are included below!
There is nothing quite like enjoying some time in Creatures Docking Station. Although my Norns and Grendels are far from quiet, this world is turning into a rather peaceful spot. We’ll see how long that lasts! I will try to post these chapters a little more frequently, although producing these videos does take a bit more time than the usual picture updates. At least I managed to capture Azure Inermiidae peering through a school of fish in Artemia Sea! Make sure to go back to the very first Artemiidae video, which was more of a standalone feature. It’s a rare thing for me to enjoy a C3/DS world as much as this one: I think a big part of that is how customized it is, particularly with the new music. The tracks may be difficult to hear in this video, yet they add so much more to the atmosphere! Have fun swimming around again with everyone in Artemiidae!
How to Change the Near Death Music in C3/DS
An enormous thanks to Grendel Man of The Realm for helping me out with this! He provided the exact code, and deserves all of the credit. This CAOS code will change the track used when a Creature is near death… Which usually plays a lot!
- Step 1: Open up your C3, DS, or C3/DS world.
- Step 2: Browse through the list of available music tracks.
- Step 3: Open up the CAOS console with Shift+Ctrl+C. (Warning: Be careful! Incorrect use can break a world.)
- Step 4: Type in the following code: sets game “engine_near_death_track_name” “File.mng\\Track” rgam
- An example would be “Main.mng\\Corridor”
- So long as C3 and DS are installed, the game should be able to locate the tracks in the correct folders.
- Step 5: Hit Enter, close the CAOS console with Shift+Ctrl+C, and enjoy the new music!
Creatures of Artemiidae: Chapter 2